Can SSRI relax my neck & zhoulder muscle tense

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been suffering from depression and health anxiety for the past 10 months.

I have now recovered 80%. I am no longer in the dark tunnel, and is able to go to work and function normal.

However, I still have constant back pain throughout the day. My neck and shoulder muscle are very tense and I still feel anxious most of the time at work. I am unable to relax.

My doctor put me on 10mg fluoxetine. It is my 4th day on this med. Prior to this, I have been on a ssre called stablon and an anti-anxiety med called rivotril.

The ssre fixed everything except 20% of my anxiety remains and the serious neck and shoulder muscle pain remain.

My question is:

Did anyone of you have neck and shoulder muscle pain during depression ? Did fluoxetine fix the problem ?

I am 45. I still want to be able to work for 15 more years. I dont know if I can still cope with this pain. I hope it will go away after taking fluoxentine

Peter

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm only on 40 days , but have had muscle tension that is a dull pain in my sides back and stomach. I'm on a few similar meds that have helped me relax a little bit and go to work. Like you, I still feel it all day abd have trouble fully relaxing 

• Posted

Hi Jt, let me know when u can relax . I am on this ssri my 4th day. If you dont get the benefits by 40th day, I really have a long way to go. I really hope I can relax someday because having this dull pain really deplete my energy and positivity at work.
  • Posted

Everything aches with anxiety, I wake up with stiff and painful neck every morning plus numerous other aches and pains.   You need to look at your life and try and find out what you really want from it.   Have a thorough check up and if nothing is physically wrong BELIEVE it.    Its not reality its just in your head, keep telling yourself that and keep on positively thinking.  
    • Posted

Thanks Carole. You're right. It is the worrisome thinking that is always spinning in my mind that is creating that anxiety. I have a lot of bad dreams at night about my day time job .... worried things get out of control, customer complain, etc. I had everything checked and my health is fine.

• Posted

Sounds as if you need to change your job.  Sit quietly with pen and paper and visualise how you would like your life to be and then try and aim for it, money is not everything, bad dreams indicate that something is wrong and your subconcious is trying to tell you something. xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.