Can steroid or antibiotic drops lead to sore throat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have had a sore throat for 3 days. My cataract surgery on 1st eye was 4 weeks ago and I finished the steroid and antibiotic drops 1 week ago. Is it possible these drops can lead to a sore throat?  No signs of a cold (nose is clear). Anyone else experience this?  

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi SueAnn

Must be a gremlin messing around. Only allowing me to talk with you on your sore throat post. Lol. I've got the most basic of lenses available, so monofocal sounds right. 

I can't offer any advice on your sore throat🙁. Hope it clears up soo!

• Posted

I too finished one eye 4 weeks ago and am still doing drops on 2nd eye.  Yes I have dry throat, a bit scratchy, and seem to be making more flem.  I have no idea what it is from.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.