Can't be anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been to the hospital again and mentioned my fears of a brain tumour. He looked into my eyes and said there's no pressure and I have nothing to worry about. What the hell is this constant tongue tingling and arm and leg tingling !! It's worrying me so much. What if the doctors has missed something or can't tell if I have one! I sound dramatic I know but I just want to know now! 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It's all anxiety and working your self up will make it worse you need to relax easy said than done but I'm on the mend I use to be well bad For it going to Dr's ever 2 min and hospital them thoughts are wrong you will be fine all anxiety and once you accept you have it the easer it gets anxiety won't harm or kill you its the way your brain defends you its a defence mechanism
  • Posted

Hi Emily,

I really feel for you.  I have the worst fear most weeks about something different.  Last night i was on my own and ABSOLUTELY convinced i had skin cancer because of his ugly mole thing i have.  Didn't eat, didn't sleep, a wreck today.  Went to the doctors and turns out its a wart thing.  My tongue tingling was so bad the other night i thought i was having an allergic reaction.  Unfortunately its all anxiety.  We are just finely tuned to every slight sensation and feeling.  I know its exhausting.  Just try and read about anxiety symptoms and maybe a book or two - i can recommend Paul Davies - At Last a Life.  I'm not better yet i know it will take time.  You must have been through quite a period of stress to get like this, I know it took about  a year for me, so i'm not expecting to feel better straight away but hope its soon.  Take care. xx

• Posted

I don't understand where this has all come from, I know a girl that died suddenly. And then when I started with panick attacks which i know longer have, I told my mum that I'm scared of being the same as the girl. Since then I've got worse and now I'm convinced. I have the symptoms, and random moments of tingling and shakiness inside,plus my left side never feels right. Like now my tongue has just started tingling. I have CBT next week. But I just do not feel the same and I always think about death and I'm going to die soon.  I wish you the best with your recovery, it's so nice to have people I can talk to who understand xx
  • Posted

emilly it is anxiety playing tricks on your body.  You are still young so you should be healthy too.

Richard

• Posted

I'm freaking out, this tingling has got worse, now the left side of my tongue is burning and my left side just feels tingly and numb. I can' still use them, they just feel weird. 
  • Posted

Hi Emily! You poor sweetheart! I have health anxiety as well and always think I have a brain tumor bc I get frequent headaches. I also always think I have lymphoma and every other cancers as well. Anxiety can cause so many physical symptoms. What types of symptoms do you have that make you think you have a brain tumor? Have you had any blood work done? Check your thyroid perhaps? You're okay, I'm sure! Xx 
    • Posted

I just have a weird feeling in my left side and headaches and pressure. Recently the pain had been in just one spot and I have sharp pains there too. I feel dizzy, tired all the time, and sick. I've had blood tests and then they had to do my liver one again so I'm just waiting for results on that. They won't give me any scans though. They just look at coordination and my eyes 
    • Posted

Ok, sounds a lot like myself. You definitely don't have a brain tumor and neither do I. There are so many reasons we get headaches, a brain tumor is the least likely reason-esp because of age. If you had any indicators of having one I promise they would give you a scan. That's why they check your eyes. They only want to send us for scans if absolutely necessary because the scans have a lot of radiation which is not good for anyone! If you had huge lymph nodes that never went down and huge visible tumors or could barely stand-then they would be concerned. We don't have them, the tough part is just making ourselves believe the doctors-who are right!
  • Posted

I can see that you are upset. I hope you can get to the bottom of this without too much stress.

Rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.