Can't believe it !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went for weigh in after 4 weeks

We went on holiday to Cornwall for a week, I had fish and chips :oops: , a meat pasty :oops: , bacon and egg twice for breakfast twice :oops: :oops: :oops: , I drank 2 or three halfs of lager and blackcurrant or J20's but was good the rest of the time and we walked miles with our puppy. I was a bit worried about getting on my scales when I got home but was chuffed to find I hadn't put any weight on I was the same as I was before I went on holiday. I thought I'd only lost a kilo but when I went for weigh in with my nurse

[b:187059ac92]I discovered I'd lost 2 Kilos! I now weigh 13st 4 lbs/ 84.5lbs , have a BMI of 31. (My BMI was 39.3 on 13th ) That's a total loss of 3st 7.9 lbs/22.5 Kilos That's equivalent to 22 1/2 bags of sugar!!![/b:187059ac92] Hope every one is having a good week and Good luck for any pending weigh ins :D

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

you lucky thing not putting on, as you maybe aware I put on 8lbs on my holiday.

As for your loss that is marvellous and you should be proud of yourself

• Posted

Thats really good. Well done smile how long has it taken you to lose that?

I feel like im struggling already, this is only my 2nd wk sad

• Posted

Well done., that's fantastic. I guess the puppy walking helped a lot smile

I'm on a 3 day course next week which means I can't eat my brekkie in the office like I normally do, but I am going to still take my own lunch. Have to stay in hotel and go out for team meal on Tues though. I suppose holidays, courses, nights out etc are all part of normal life we've just got to learn to handle and realise if we want to be healthy just got to be good in between.

• Posted

Woo Hoo! well done!

I find I can get away with the odd cheat as long as I keep up with the diet for most of the week. I just don't want to cut down on wine! I have a very stressful job and it helps me relax 8)

• Posted

Mum of 3 I've been on the tablets since 13th April. I went to see the nurse practitioner at my Dr's as I was still struggling with my weight. I made a right show of myself blubbering all over the place but she was very supportive and offered me the tablets. I was feeling really p***ed off as I was trying so hard to lose weight and I have a husband who can eat anything. I only take the tablets once or twice a day as I can't take them with medication I have to take in the morning for an underactive thyriod gland and other medication and I don't always remember to take the tablets. I have come to terms with the fact that I will always have to be careful with what I eat. My husband and family are very supportive and I've told them I don't care what they eat in front of me as long as they know to take no for an answer when they ask if I want something they are eating.

I work full time at a Primary school as a Teacher's Aid and do first aid cover 3 or four times a week so hardly sit still. I go with my friend and help her with her cleaning job for up to an hour every evening at 9.30, so by the time i've done some housework, prepared some resources for school, walked the dog it's soon time to go cleaning. I just remembered I walked with a class to a local church and walked back again about 2 hours then only had ten minutes before I had to do the same thing again with another class , that was a total of four miles i'm sure that helped and I got paid for taking exercise smile. I've also been to a party two saturday's in a row and spent alot of the night dancing and went on a long country walk when I visited my sister so I suppose that's all helped and I am really good most of the time even when people around me are eating high fat foods. I'm not an angel but I don't want to undo all the hard work, I just remember how unhappy an embarrassed I was about the way I looked when I was fat. [u:aedc27fa68][u]If I can do it so can all of you[/u:aedc27fa68][/u] I just look for lower fat options and avoid high fat foods most of the time. Hope everybody is having a great weekend and just remember if you do fall off the wagon just get on again and be extra good most of the time. Allow yourself some treats one a week so you have something to look forward to then you are more likely to stick to it. smile

• Posted

Sally B

You are right parties, courses, meals out etc are all part of life and as long as you make up for it by being good most of the time we'll be fine.

Even if it means you have to take a few days off the tablets to be on the safe side. Sometimes this helps to give your body a kick start to lose weight when you go back on them. ( I only took 4 tablets when I was on holiday for a week at the end of last month.)

It's hard when someone else is preparing your food and when I eat out I'm not the one who orders just salad.

A few months ago I posted here something on the lines that you should still celebrate but be extra good to make up for it afterwards and some one disagreed but I think we would turn into boring sad people if we didn't treat ourselves. I know of some people that take things too far and never eat anything they shouldn't! I think that food or should I say avoiding certain foods etc has become an obsession.

• Posted

Sue B

Me again I'm certain the puppy walking helped alot. She gets you going out more. For example last Saturday it was a lovely day so we ( my husband & I) took our puppy for a long walk on the beach which is only a couple of miles away from us. We would have never bothered to do that if we hadn't got the dog now the kids have grown up and they do there own thing most of the time. When we have to pop to the shops for a few things we take the dog with us and one of us waits outside whilst the other does the shopping instead of jumping in the car. When we were on holiday in Cornwall last month when my husband went to play golf twice I took the dog out. When we didn't have the dog I would not go out by myself.

• Posted

Suza not only did I not put weight on I'm sure I lost some width off my my legs and other places so all the walking must have helped tone me up.

We went for a walk whatever the weather and each evening after we had been out for the evening with friends. A great way of lifting the blues :D

• Posted

Suza I'm sure walking the puppy helped. Even though I didn't lose any weigh when we were on holiday I'm sure I lost width on parts of my body including my thighs so I must have toned up. We walked the dog even when the weather wasn't that good instead of sitting around doing nothing. a great way of lifting the blues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.