Can't cope anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been feeling unwell for a couple of months and I don't want to live anymore! I'm getting no answers to why I am feeling like this! Panic attacks horrendous anxiety feeling sick no appetite feeling detached. I'm on mirtazipine and citalopram and I don't know whether the medication is making me ill....I've been on citalopram for 7 years and mirtazipine a year....I panic constantly and have been like this for months!!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Pamela, I know exactly how you feel I went through the worst panic attacks and anxiety ever made me go to E.R. at least twice a week went to cardiologist a gastro a natural healer and nothing helped I didn't believe them I was convinced I was dying or that there was something wrong with my heart I would get dizzy spells stomach problems breathing problems even weird eye problems I would feel numbness tingling and every test came back fine I was healthy but I in my mind was not they were missing something they had to be. I felt helpless scared depressed thinking is this how I'm going to be forever? I don't I can't be like this forever finally through prayer faith in God I woke up one day and said NO enough is enough I started changing the way I think fighting the anxiety back and calling it for what is it was getting angry and saying not today anxiety I will have a good day and if something happens I trust god and his will. Now I'm better at controlling myself and my thoughts I still get the negative thoughts the weird feelings but I remind myself that I am okay I am fine and change my thought process and talk myself out of a attack and I usually can. Don't give up reading others stories has helped me tremendously knowing there are others like me with same symptoms I am not alone you are not alone.

Best wishes,

Moni smile

• Posted

hi pamela have you tryed amitriptyline they worked really well for me...thanks peter
  • Posted

Hi Pamela,

I see you are going through a stressful time. I have been taking citalopram for over ten years and had to change quite a few before I could manage to get by. Tell your doctor about what you are going through so he/she can determine if you need a change of medication. You shouldn’t feel like you are if the medications are working properly. You hang in there and get some help for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.