Can't eat, throwing up, no appetite, help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

So about 2 years ago, i suddenly couldn't eat or drink anything. It came out of the blue, no warning. I woke up one day after not sleeping almost at all and threw up. I tried to eat but had no appetite and felt very nauseous. This lasted a long long time, I went to a psychologist for 3 months which was no help and then a psychiatrist for about 8 months now. With time, after about a year and a lot of diazepam and anxiety medication I eventually overcame the disorder almost completely. The last few months were the happiest I have ever been. But the happiness was short lived. Two days ago I woke up, threw up and felt the worst loss of appetite I had ever experienced, every time I take a bite of food I have to lay down and meditate to keep it in. It takes me hours to eat a small meal. I am still on the same medication and am very worried about this. Why did it come back? What do I do? I'm dehydrated and hungry but can't eat or drink. Also it's worth noting the feeling of strong nausea never fully went away even when I was feeling OK, every time I had to leave my home to go somewhere I felt really nauseous but it was manageable.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.