Can't focus, please help!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well have been taking the tablets for a week only and am cocking it up already!!!!!:twisted:

I just dont seem to be able to focus on what I need to do and have even got my husband to hide the scales. I know your not supposed to weigh yourself but if they are there, its like sweets, too much of a temptation!!!!

I do have depression as well which I am battling with. Not an excuse to be honest, I have had it for over 20 years so this is nothing new, always been nuts! :?

I think I am just lazy to be honest. Having to constantly thing about what your eating is a pain in the arse when your trying to work, look after a family and yourself.

Gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I need to take a leaf out of my own book. I know what I need to do but for some reason, I'm not doing it..............probably part of my cracked side I suppose.

I have never been this big and it is getting me down, but not enough it seems. It was my choice to start these tablets, not my doctors, so I need to do it. I know I have a long road, 6 - 7 stone, and I know I have to take it in small steps to achieve the big goals zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz am boring myself to be honest, as you can see I know what to do............

Please help guys, I need some strong words and some serious butt kicking :steam:

Love and wobbles

Bigbird

xxx

[/b]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there BB

you have taken the first step and asked for the help (from your Doc & us - I hope we are more help than most of the doctors appear to be!)

Anyway the things wich helped me were:

1. finding this site and reading other peoples highs (and lows)

2. downloading the British Heart Foundatio booklet - so you want to loose wieght for good - excelent advice on portion sizes

3. keeping an honest food diary

some of the others have found the people at roache helpful I know Dave H has the contact details

Please don't give up and remember there will always be someone here to help

Good luck

Laups

• Posted

Hey BigBird!!

I think we all have days when the motivation has got up and left!! (says me thats just stuffed a roll and chips down my throat!! I also had an Indian for lunch :oops: )

Just get back on it tomorrow and keep plodding on lol I just keep thinking....its took me 38 years to get to this size so it'll take a wee while to get it off!!

Keep the faith :lol:

Kirsty :D

• Posted

Hi BB,

Im the same chick. Im dead lazy when it comes to calorie counting etc. Kirsty does it no problem. I can`t be gassed doing it.

I can stick to low fat...and I try and watch my calorie intake. But not to the point of weightwatchers etc (or is it slimming world who does the check thang...dunno)

Like my sis and others say....sometimes Mr Motivation goes on strike. Just start again 2moro .. smile You`ll be fine.

• Posted

Thanks guys,

As much as I would love to see results yesterday (wouldnt we all!!) I know this is going to be a hard slog but worth it in the end.

So, I will finish my marks and sparks chocolate sundae :oops: and get a grip for tomorrow.

I get weighed a week monday and would be nice to have lost at least a couple of pounds.

I am back to the gym next week if I can drag my lard arse there, as have had a knee injury and couldnt go but no excuses now. Once I am plugged in to my music I just go with it...........just got to get me there :oops:

Lauper, I am really lucky as have a brilliant GP and the surgery nurse is great too. I work at a hospital and have support from my work colleagues so hopefully when I am back to work full time (on phased return at the mo because had major depressive episode this year and have been off work for 4 months) it will all come together. I have got the BHF booklet, just not opened it yet :oops:

Thanks Skye and Kirsty, my motivator is going to be put on a lead cause it keeps legging it in the opposite direction!!!!!! :D

Thanks again

Diane aka bigbird!! :?

• Posted

Hi BB,

Sorry to hear you are down at the moment, but hope that this morning you have picked yourself up and dusted yourself down and started all over again :lol:

You sound a bit like me as I have about the same to lose. I'm in Essex also and so maybe we should help each other out.

I'm relatively new to this posting lark and don't know what people mean by \"if you pm me\" - i assume it a private message - but don't know how the heck you do one :oops: :? :lol:

Anyway the thoughts there if you wish to take it up.

Good luck

Take care

Jane :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.