Can't get a handle on it

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm full of anxiety I actually can't cope with this. Was having a really really good week and finally starting to think that my meds were workin. Been taking serimel for 7 weeks. My legs are now like jelly feel like I'm floating. Head is full of thoughts about my health. Should my tablets be working by now? I'm on 50mgs

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, u should be having more good days than bad and it's normal to have a blip around this time. It can take anywhere between 6-12 weeks and sometimes longer to feel the benefits. I'm not on the same med as u I'm on sertraline and have been now for 10 weeks but at the 8 week mark my doc upped my dose to 100mg as I was still having anxious days, and touch wood, for the past 6 days I have been feeling my old self. So maybe give it abit longer or book to see your doc to be upped dose, but I must warn u that u might get some side effects from upping your dose as I did x
    • Posted

The same as the start up but not as bad and won't last as long. Like nick said, u r through the worst of it now. Blips r common and it's just the med settling, but if u r still not any better in the next week or so then u might need to up your dose x
  • Posted

Im in the same boat as you, although I hope Im at the more good than bad days now, on week 9 now. 

I will say that breathing tecniques do help alot as you have too concentrate on it.

Breath in the nose, out the mouth, count to 4, first breath, then 7, then 8 and repeat for 5 to 10 mins.

Also a brisk 20 min walk or cycle is good too. Stick with it, your over the worst of it now, it will get better over the next week or 2

take care

• Posted

Thanks nick. I did the breathing even tho I find it hard but I think it takes practice. I'm over the worst of it now!! Thanks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.