Can't keep going on like this.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been back on anti depressants for 4 weeks now after going off them cold turkey and just can't continue feeling like there is no hope. I started out on 20mg for for 2 weeks and now 40mg for 2 weeks and still struggling like this will never end and I will be in this state forever. 24/7 I feel spaced out and in a dream state. My brain does not function and all I do is lay on the couch in another world. I try to go out but all I have is negative thoughts in my head. Life is flying by and I am just sitting here wasting it away. I just want to be happy again and be my old fun loving self. Will this ever get better. Will these pills ever work. Even if I don't feel anxious or depressed I still feel spaced out. There has to be something else wrong in my brain. Morning are the worst. I wake up confused and scared. Not sure what is happening. Don't know where I am and out of it. My life will never be the same and I am losing hope. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi yadeed its never a good idea to stop tablets on your own as youve proberlly found out always come off them gradually. If you came off them because oc side affects go to your doctor and see if he can help ! You dont say what the medication your were on.! Wish you all the best take care david !
    • Posted

I was on Citalopram which I am now on again. I felt great on them and just slowly forgot to take them as I didn't feel I needed them. Bad bad mistake. I am now wondering if they will even work again. It's been 4 weeks. How much longer will it take. I have my moments of some good hours but still feel like I am just zoned out and going through the motions. 
    • Posted

Hi there.if youve been  back on citalopram for 4 weeks give.it another 2 weeks and if things arent muvh better see your doctor.you may find he might increase the dose ! I was on citalopram for a co7ple of  years had to come.off them because i needed something stronger.which was venelafaxine. 225 mgs  which.whilst not perfect it helps ! Please.keep taking.your  meds as you have found out it.doesnt.pay.to go cold turkey wish you all the luck ! David
  • Posted

Hello. Medication can take a while to sort out especially the dose. I had the same feeling as this I was feeling worse on meds but now I am feeling better finally please don't give up with the meds I used to be so scared if being on medication and now I think so what. So what if I'm on them the next 30 years they are helping. You sound like you're suffering from anxiety to it is a horrible thing I have it I used to be scared to leave my home. We are our worst enemy be patient with yourself, start a diary think of the positives I know it's easier said than done if you think bad things are happening it will play on your mind and play tricks with you. Lor xx
    • Posted

Do you think the 40mg might be to much dose for me. I was on 20mg for about 7 years and I was great on that. I am not afraid to take meds as I know I need them. Just never been on this high of dose before. 
    • Posted

Hi yadeed 40mg isn't too high but maybe it is too high for you everyone is different if the dose is too high it can make is drowsy and lack concentration. Talk to your doctor and maybe go down to the 20 see how you get on? I was terrified of medication but I find it okay now smile
  • Posted

Also meds can take 4 weeks to feel the full effect so don't be too hard on yourself xz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.