Can't lose weight!

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hi all, I've been dieting and I am not loosing weight! My daughter and hubby following same eating plan and have lost 11lb and 9lb respectively, me, nothing! Could this be my gallstone/bladder problems? Currently on waiting list for removal 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Claire,

I suggest you go back to your doctor and ask if the ultrasound you had indicated a fatty liver...if you have a fatty liver it is extremely difficult to lose weight, because the liver can't metabolize fats any longer.  Instead, they get stored in the liver and in the body.  

• Posted

I definitely agree with Lynda-  not sure why they feel takign this out would help if it is fatty liver issues?  Keep researching whiel you wait -

Pulling for you in the States-

Jonna

• Posted

Hi Claire

I am the same as you, can not lose weight.

I am seeing consultant on Monday evening

I have had no real pain just uncomfortable and heartburn ... my Doctor rang me today and said because of my bloods I would of been better seeing a surgeon. But I feel that I am not in pain how can they really know I need my gallbladder out, had no scans etc just blood tests..... I will keep you updated and please keep me updated

Take care Tracey

• Posted

Hello. sometimes the gallbladder may not give the excrutiating pain that alot of people suffer. However, your doctor can see from your blood results whether your gallbladder is working properly or not even without there being pain. If he states it needs sorting it's best to get it out before it starts to give you more uncomfortable symptoms.

• Posted

Hello, I definately agree tou should have all blood work and scans done so they can see were the problem lies. Don't be afraid of going back and asking them for what you want as it's your body.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up