Can't make friends

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm in college and sometimes I feel like I have no friends. Some days when I don't have class I''ll just sit in my room on the computer. I eat a lot of meals by myself. I do have friends. I am on a sports team and friends with a lot of people on the team, I am just not close with any of them really. I don't have a really close group of friends or a best friend. I never really have and I don't understand why. Does anyone else feel like this?

I don't get how to get close to someone. I feel like everybody has close friends already and it's hard to get close to anyone new. How do you even make a best friend? Or get in a squad? In general there are some people that I meet that I wouldn't want to be friends with, but even people I really hit it off with seem to already have close friends and I'm afraid to try and make plans with them too often because I feel like I am bothering them. It didn't bother me as much in high school because I would see my friends all day at school, but now I don't have classes with a lot of my friends and I'm afraid that they're too busy to make plans with me. Especially in the off season when I have more free time and don't see my team everyday. Sometimes I just feel so low and depressed, which makes it harder to leave my room. It just feels like I'm spiraling.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Honey its norml... honestly being alone is better than having fake friends ... and if u cnt get along with d ppl. Thats just bcz they are not ur ppl.. when d right oreson will come u will automatically connect with thm.. u dnt need to chase or wait. Of u just need ppl to hang ovr with just ask ur mates. N stop thinking that u r bothering. Just ask .. if they are okay they will tell u of they r not they will tell that too. Just try n ask. N believe me when u find a prsn like u or a flexible prsn u wont have to ask again n again.. it will work out. I had alooot of frnd alooott. Close ones too.. but didnt work out.. when i needed thm .. they wr not.. having a bunch of close frnds dznt mean that u have frnds. In d time of need they will show that either they are ur frnds r not.
    • Posted

Which I found out the only person I called a friend as not been there for me what so ever and is only interested in her own life now she has a new partner she won't even meet to let our children ?see each other ?who where also good friends

• Posted

Im the exact same I feel that im the way I am because I do t have friends so I seek interaction with makes ??an they only want one thing im seeking a friend really not a cheating affair partner 😟 it's so bad and so lonely I can never make friends I feel even when I go to groups where people are the same as me we never hit it off its so hard I get it 100% x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.