Can't Sleep New Antidepressants

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was put on a higher dose of antidepressants today and I took one at 5pm. I went to bed at 11pm and when I closed my eyes to try and sleep I went into a dream like state with flashing images going through my mind. I could move and open my eyes and get comfy but as soon as I closed my eyes again, back into dreams. They are stopping me from getting into an actual sleep. It's now 3am and I still can't get to sleep. Could this be my new antidepressants doing this? I need advice what to do, I have a 7 month old and he'll be up in 3 hours and I've still not slept😭

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

What med is it?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

We do not know what medications you are taking although if you have taken a revised drug dose I cannot imagine that you would be suffering severe side effects.

If you are not happy make a further appointment with your Doctor and explain what is happening to you when you go to bed

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try taking your med in the morning, I was having the same problem not sleeping.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kayley - sorry to read of your situation. Meds for depression/anxiety are a hit and miss affair. I t takes time for the body to adjust and process. Try giving the meds a chance. If things are not much better talk to your doctor. Try not to get upset about it, things may settle yet. Also, as Ian73569 has suggested, try taking the meds at a different time of day, but every day at the same time. Best of luck to you smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Are you taking anything else besides the prescirbed drug? Any herbal remedies? Could it be a reaction to something else you are taking? just thought I'd ask in case it was.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up