Can't stop thinking about anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't stop thinking about anxiety I am exhausted I sleep badly no energy to do anything and struggle to keep going how do I stop this dreadful mental loop I am on 20 fluoxetine for last 9 weeks will it ever help I can't stand much morecipient am overwhelmed my mind flashes back to when I was ok and I wonder where that calm person who was loving life has gone my head is so full

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie I was also on sertraline worst side effects I'm on 40 fluoxetine for 6weeks some improvement I would check with doc maybe increase 20 is a small dose good luck it's an awful bumpy ridex

• Posted

A bumpy ride it is I feel beside myself I so want to rest my brain is not my own constant anxiety I was hoping fluoxetine would help by now I took it for a year once before now I am frightened life is such a struggle I don't uneestand why this happens to me I am usually a calm person I have been like this a year now and it is making life v hard I need some encouragement

• Posted

Are chic I know I’ve been there still am but I’ve started a diary and scoring my days and I can see a small improvement but the days the anxiety kick in it’s overwhelming and nothing seems to stop it all the coping tricks go out the window and I constantly think I’m dying I am having CBT which I do think is helping I would def speak with GP and get it increased good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Julie..

I am unsure of your age but have you had your hormones checked by a Doctor?

• Posted

Forgot to say I also have Graves’ disease which is related to the thyroid which I feel has been the main course for the way I feel I’m in and out of remission wort getting thyroid checked x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.