Can't stop thinking about my anxiety!!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi my name is Kasey this is my first time on any kind of forum So I thought I'd give it a go. Ive recently just turned 18 and basically I'm going through severe anxiety and depression and I'm so exhausted. I can't catch a break from the vicious cycle of continuous anxious thoughts running through my head 24/7. no matter what i do I'm thinking about my anxiety and anything related. After my severe panic attack on Wednesday night due to a bad trip on mariguana I went to my doctor the next day because It was too much for me. She's put me back on Xanax (temporarily) meanwhile trialling fluoxetine another few weeks to see if my anxiety improves otherwise il be trying out a new medication. The whole process is just so stressful because I feel like my whole life is on hold. All I want is my life back. I hope I start to feel better soon because this anxiety and depression is too overwhelming for me. I wouldn't ever dream of ending my life but how I feel right now, I don't want to live like this.. It's too much for me. Everytime it occurs it feels like il be permanently stuck this way forever. This will be my third time my mind has been stuck in the thought pattern of 'I can't stop thinking about anxiety' and the last two times it only lasted about a week or two until I got bored of the thought and longer was afraid of it which I also know its key to getting through it but it's so tough. I'm just so sick of feeling this way and I'm becoming self destructive because of it. I just don't know what to do anymore I want my life back sad

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello i have just made an account and idk if u will care to hear this from me because i have not much for words of wisdome... All i can say though is i am a girl of 14 that believe it or not (most people treat me like an over reacting 5yr old) i know what you are going through. more then you think. all i can say is keep your head held hi and remember you have people out there who love you and can not live without you. You are a special person. We will be remembered as the ones who had so much going on but were strong enough to keep it togeather and be an influence for others. 
    • Posted

Ut a teenager and ur grown up .i supose they treat you like a 5 year old has they dont want you to grow up
    • Posted

Bet they dont mean to .its just there way .but just say it in away without raising ur voice that iam 14 and im a teenager and im grown up and can you respect me and treat me like a teenager
    • Posted

it would be more understandable if it was people that were around me alot. like every time i post to something like this they think my problems are less because i am not like 18 or older
    • Posted

Thank you so much!! And honestly age has so little to do with this I've been struggling with severe anxiety on and off since the age of around 12. You're automatically so much stronger and wiser than most people your age for going through this. I know how hard and stressful it is but it can only get better! We really do have a lot to live for and this only a small bump in the road. All the best for you and you're journey! Xx
    • Posted

that means lots. i dont get told i am a strong person often or that it will b better. thanks for your support... i will be on often but about to call it a night...... Hopefully we talk again and thanks for support plus help. cool stay cool and true to yourself
    • Posted

Aw I'm glad! If you have any family or friends you trust I would advise you talk to them about how you're feeling because having support is so important. I'm obviously supporting you/here to help but unfortunately I cannot physically and that's what you need. I hope you start to feel really good soon and if not keep moving forward because you will get there!! All the best xx
    • Posted

thanks so much!!! i do talk to my mom a lot and she normally calms me down. i have just been trying to take it easy and keep my mind off stupid things i shouldent be thinking. i fight this so much because i AM only 14 and i want my life to live.... with help from God and loved ones i am going to get better. i just know it.... thanks again for your support!!!! cheesygrin
  • Posted

Dear Kasey,

How are you doing?, I know you must be feeling better,

Just take it slow, It's the weekend, Plan something nice, and treat yourself to a nice time, a nice movie perhaps?

Enjoy.

• Posted

Hi Kasey, I'm 25 years old I understood every word that you were saying. Mine comes and goes more if my stress level goes up. It just comes and goes whenever it wants it seems, usually in not comfortable situations, when I think about getting a panic attack. I hope you are getting better now that as it has been nearly a year.

All the best for you!

• Posted

I HAVE BEEN THERE SO MANY TIMES!! ​"Hello darkness my old friend" It is impossible sometimes not to get discourgedwhen it happens again and again. But the truth is ... you have beat this thing before..and you will do it again. Hang in there my dear. What helps me is staying BUSY! i literally fill my days up with things to do, even if I don't feel like doing them and eventually after days pass.. so will the anxiety. Are you seeing a therapist? Obessive thoughts are not fun. I call it the "thought loop". But my therapist has helped me out so much..that and finally trying anti depressants. Anxiety is something that we need to accept... and I still don't think I have fully accepted it.  
  • Posted

Basically I smoked week a lot for about 2 years an near the end of my time smoking I started feeling a little anxious when high nothing major I had a panick attack one night witch still to this day is the scariest thing that's happened in my life although I am now over it, for the first month i had constant thought about my health although a check up with the doctor who told me I was fine relived that now 4 months sinse then I do think I have anxiety but I'm hardly anxious I don't worry about things other than my girlfriend but I've always been like that in relationship atthough I don't let it effect our relationship I'm confused to what I have as like I said I don't get panick attakcs I do get headaches now an sometimes feel abit of depersonalisation

• Posted

Hey my name is Lisa and im 16. Currently ive been dealing w severe anxiety and depression. I think it’s leading towards derealization.  I have never used to have this. I used to be so outgoing and everything that came out of my mouth was funny.  I don’t mean to sound cocky or anything but for the most part anyone who talked to me loved me bc of my personality and how i wasn’t afraid of what people thought of me. So for the most part my childhood has rlly been terrible.  Im not feeling sorry for myself or anything but i don’t really have one normal parent. My dads a drug addict and was abusive. My mom Bc of this turned to alcohol and she just passes out drunk every night after work and doesn’t even bother to talk to me. In the beginning of freshman yr i started smoking pot and or oil pens which was rlly fun for me and i was always so hyper and crazy. I started getting heavily involved in it and was high 24/7 literally for the whole rest of freshman yr. i completely lost myself and ditched all my friends to be with my ex boyfriends “stoner friends” at the time. I would smoke every period in school and didn’t really care about anything besides that. I was really really bad. I tried some other drugs too...im so ashamed of myself how was i so stupid to fall into the trap of drugs when i wtinessed for hand how they mess ur life up. Anyway i got sent away to Florida for 2 months w my grandma and had no choice but to stop and let me tell u that was hell for me. I didn’t feel normal sober. Once i got sober though that’s when my anxiety started, i didn’t know what it was at first but now it’s escalated to an extent. I don’t even have normal thoughts anymore. All i think about is what people think of me. I don’t even listen when people talk i just think of what to say next. I feel so stupid when i talk to friends in class they would say something and I don’t really keep the conversation going and what i say just doesn’t even feel like what im thinking Bc i just don’t have normal thoughts or feelings like i used to. I just don’t know what to think about besides my anxiety. I also feel like everyone can see right through me and know what im thinking. I don’t feel like that person i loved and was just so happy with being. I dont know how to get her back. I literally just don’t know what to say to people. I feel so numb. Also about the dearealisation i feel like im in some sort of fog and it’s getting better and i can snap out of it now but i feel like im just not living and just don’t feel connected with myself or anyone. It’s pretty lonely ngl. I don’t even know if this made sense but i really need help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.