Can this pain be IBS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I am female 34 years old and recently have been noticing symptoms that I believe are IBS. Now I think about it I have probably had many of the symptoms mildly for some time.

I always wake up feeling a bit uneasy in the tummy and have never been ae to stomach breakfast until 10am or so despite getting up at 7am.

The main thing I am noticing that is new is a tightening feeling in my colon area and it feels tight amd bloated. Is that a common thing with IBS?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mel

Make an appointment with your GP you may need some tests.

Draw up a list of all your concerns, He will examine you

BOB

• Posted

Hi Mel, this sounds like ibs but it could have got worse is my guess. I am awaiting a scan myself as I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and ended up in hospital. Don't do that, it's rubbish! See your doctor and explain the difference mine was so painful it bought me to my knees!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.