Can this really be anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I have not been feeling well over the past few weeks and been to see my Gp several times with blood work coming back normal.

He's pointing to anxiety but that's hard for me to grasp. I'm feeling weak and sometimes feel like I'm going to faint, also legs feel like rubber. Anyone else have these physical symptoms? I do tend to worry a lot especially about my health, googling my symptoms.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First of all, stop googling your symptoms. Fight the urge, you will feel better in the long run. Secondly, pretty much everything is a symptom of anxiety. Anxiety takes such a toll on your body and you can quite easily convince yourself that anything is happening to you. If it wasn't anxiety, the only other thing I would think is iron deficiency. You said your blood work was fine, but you might still be low in iron. Same thing happened to me, I got my blood work done and it came back fine. My iron levels were 37 on a range of 30 - 250, so it still came up in the normal range so they didn't mention it to me. I spoke to my GP about it and she said women with iron levels under 50 often experience iron deficiency symptoms, even though they're in the normal range. It could be something like that too? But even then, it's still probably anxiety. You're alright! Try to take yourself out of your body and distract yourself with other stuff. And eat healthy and exercise! Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for the info and advice Jaslyn. I was always a person who worried a lot but never felt this way. Hope this gets better soon.
  • Posted

Yes anxiety can lead to very phsycal symptoms, be prepared for a long haul. Ask you're doctor about CBT. I had really bad health anxiety two years ago and wasn't myself for 6 months. CBT really helped.
    • Posted

Cognative behavioural therapy. That's if it is anxiety. I was put in med for my anxiety but never started getting better till I spoke to somebody.
    • Posted

Thanks, I will look into this.

What were your physical symptoms?

• Posted

Exercise is probably the best adice i got. I know you probably don't feel like it. But if it's anxiety. Go run, you should feel an improvement almost instantly. Just my experience.
    • Posted

I do exercise but feel very weak and tired after doing so. I usually play hockey but I don't think I would get through it right now.
  • Posted

Right, never google your symptoms or anxiety will not get any better.   You can always add iron to your diet to see if that is the problem.   Did they check your sugar level?  Are you lacking air when you feel this way?
    • Posted

GP did a full panel of blood work and said all was normal. Sometimes I lack air but mostly just fatigue and tired.
  • Posted

Hi blair 

I was having those symptoms but since i have been on Zoloft, Trazodone, Lamotrigine and Lorazepam i am doing better with my anxieties. I still have anxieties that i need to work on with my coping skills 

Have you thought about being on medication or are you on any 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I have just started taking citolpram. Just seems that I have physical symptoms so not sure if this will work and how long I should wait?
    • Posted

My medication causes me physical symptoms too but they have calmed my moods down a lot and i am sleeping a lot better 
  • Posted

STOP GOOGLING YOUR PROBLEMS, you will start new anxieties!  Look up solutions for anxiety, deep breathing, guided meditation, CBT, mindfullness. If you have a smart phone download "MindShift" great little app.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.