Can you avoid getting an STD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i come from a very conservative community where sex before marriage is considered a serious sin. I've had sex a with a woman before while wearing a condom, (I'm a man). I'm worried i may have caught or will catch HPV if i have sex with other women, my parents are pushing me to get an 'arranged marriage' with a religious woman where i can't really reveal that I've had previous relationships in fear of being disowned or ostracised from my family and community. My question is, can i in good conscience avoid revealing this without putting such a woman in harms way, I've read HPV is a really common disease, I'm scared i might infect her and cause her to develop cervical cancer if i don't tell her and she doesn't get screened. what are the odds of something like that happening, what if i abstain from sex for say 2 years (read that HPV lasts that long on average) would that be considered really unlikely (what are the odds?). what about herpes, can you get that if the person you have sex with doesn't have any visible symptoms? Is the HPV vaccine considered effective if taken in early 20s? Can i have sex without worrying if the woman does not have any visible symptoms, i wear a condom and take the HPV vaccine at 23? Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.