Can You Have Ativan Withdrawal after taking .25 mg & .5 mg for 3 days. Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Took Ativan on 3 separate nights to help me sleep.  It helped my somewhat sleep but wasn't great.  I want to stop it.  Will I have difficulty getting off .25 (2 taken 2 nights) and .5 (taken 1 night)?  Do you think I will have withdrawals?  Everyone is scaring me about becoming addicted!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No worries you will be fine. In the future stay away from them. Hateful drug!
  • Posted

Hi Tracey.

No it is impossible for you to have any physical withdrawal symptoms from the time you specified taking those tablets.

To become physically dependent you need to be taking them daily or nightly for 3-4 weeks ,(roughly).

Don't be listening to other people's experiences.

Please don't take any sort of tablets like those , they are horrific and soul depleting.

I'm so happy you didn't continue taking them.

Take care.

• Posted

Best thing to do is speak to your GP and pharmacist. 
  • Posted

Hi Try not to worry. I would not have thought that you were in danger of having withdrawal from taking this for only two nights. There is lots of information on this in the Ashton Manual written by a professor of Pharmacology. Take care.
  • Posted

The body usually becomes addicted after around 14 days of use so in threoy you should be fine just stopping the Ativan cold turkey but to be safe you could reduce it more quickly than usually recommended because you have only been on it for 3 days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.