Can you take lansoprazole with levothyroxine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

having stomach problems and was given lansoprazole but i read somewhere it can interfere with levothyroxine. Does anyone know as I'm supposed to take it in the morning before food, same as my levothyroxine, thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sharon,

My pharmacist recommended leaving at least 30 minutes between taking Levothyroxine and Lansoprazole.  It is worth consulting your pharmacist for good advice on such matters.  Some things can affect the absorbtion of Levothyroxine, so it is wise to wake up a bit earlier and take it first.  I still recommend you consult your pharmacist.

• Posted

I have been on levothyroxine for many years,  also lansoprazole, when the levcothyroxine was increased to 75 mg I started to get severe pain in both legs, joints, muscles and varicose veins, especially during the night, during the day my legs and feet are very weak, I have recently had a blood test and things were ok, but the pains are getting worse and make each day very difficult.  ;any suggestions welcome.  ;thanks  Pat
  • Posted

Hi ;sharon  I have the same problem and since an increase in levo  I am getting terrific pain in mu muscles joints and veins  am feeling desperate and the ;;drs  dont seem to be bothered, each day seems worse.  Best wishes Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.