Cancelled appointment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I thought I was doin ok, I've been reasonably productive and my mood hasn't been too low, then my pychiatrist cancelled my appointment yesterday. The next one they could offer me is in march. I'd put together a list of things I wanted to talk about and I was hoping for an adjustment with my medication and now I feel lost again. I hate how one small change can completely ruin my mood, and it's not just for the day, sometimes it lasts ages. I have so much to do yet I'm just sitting here playing games on my iPad and avoiding it all. I want to change but I don't know how. If I try and force myself then my chest gets tight and I end up having a panic attack. 

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry your appointment was canceled, I had an appointment with mine on Tuesday but when I got there he wasn't there, he'd gotten the wrong date, I didn't think it bothered me too much but when I got back home I just cried, I'd built myself up to it and also had things in my head that I wanted to talk about, im booked in for next Tuesday though, im sorry you have to wait so long.

I'm the same, always lots to do but often can't bring myself To do them, what I do when feel like this is do one thing a time, I don't try to do it all at once as it can get overwhelming, so I'd sit down on my phone or Watch tv then every so often get up and do something/housework for say 10-15 minutes then sit down again, trouble is sometimes once im sat down i don't want to get up to do anything but at the same time it plays on my mind and once ive done it all I do feel better for it.

Also music helps to motivate me whilst I'm cleaning xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's exactly how i do things smile in the adverts of TV shows and I have a playlist to do housework by. That way I can sing along and don't have time to think. I'm so glad I found these forums, they've made me realise I'm not alone. Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Me too! Don't think I'd get anything done if I didn't have music x

Yes it's nice to know others feel the same, not that I take joy in others feeling this way as Wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, not that I have any I don't think 😁 except maybe my ex!

But it's a comfort to know we're not alone xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi roximl thats a shame they they cancelled your appointment its crap they must realise this will affect you ! have you asked if they. can give you a telephone consultation in the mean time whilst you wait for a appointment ! do breathing exercise they can help at times. ! the change in mood can affect.most people i know i hate cancelled appointments and it upsets my mood for ages after wards ! take care and i hope you can get things sorted out as soon as possible good luck david
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The receptionist said she'll get her to phone me instead but now I'm even more anxious as I'm hopeless with the phone, sometimes I can't even answer it. Today's just a bad day, I need it to hurry up and end so I can start afresh tomorrow.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up