Cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can a simple blood test rule out any cancer?? For example a brain tumour that's cancerous can a blood test rule it out or can a blood test rule out any kind of cancer? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Depends what blood tests you have had! As there are loads. But some bloods check for clots and inflammation/swelling. So I'm sure they would come back as abnormal at least, and they would then go on to run further tests.  
    • Posted

Well I was given a blood test in a and e and it was clear then I was given another a few weeks later and it came back I had anemia that was the only thing and then I was given another a few weeks later and they took a good 3 tubes of blood from me and it was clear apart from my anemia 
    • Posted

Each rice of blood you give is testing for something different, they don't do multiple tests from one tube of blood. So chances are A&E did one test and your GP did a dif one. You've got nothing to worry about if the only think that showed up was a lack of iron. 
    • Posted

Really? Yeah I suppose so I need to stop worrying I've been getting bloods now since June so I'd say if I did have it I would know by now 
    • Posted

Yes seriously nothing to worry about. Lots of people are low in iron, very common, I had it whilst pregnant. You would definitely know if it was something more serious. I'm the same, worry over everything to do with my health, and always think I know best, but at the end of the day, the doctors are the experts. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.