Cancer Surgery for the Prostate

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning all

I was doing some research and I found a new procedure for cancer. I would like to know if anyone has every heard of it. I found it what I was looking up another procedure in Poland. PAE One of the guys had it done over there. The clinic he had it done at he paid for the whole thing $3300. That was for everything. I never new Poland was so advance.

When I was looking at this clinic I came a pond this procedure it is call ** NanoKaife IRE Irreversible Electroporation This procedure target the tumor and destroy's the tumor only. It is done under general anaesthetic , electrodes ( needles ) are inserted through the skin directly into the prostate around the tumor.

A short pulse of electricity fire between the needles killing the tumor only. Leaving the surrounding tissue veins, nerves and ducts unaffected. Healthy cells can then regenerate in the area. There are no side effects.. To me it reminds me of FLA but with out taking out most of the prostate.

I did more looking into it on the internet.I found out that it is in less then 30 hospital in the US. I have been on this site for over 4 years and I have never came across this procedure. Why The first thing you see when you look up prostate cancer is remove the whole prostate. Doing this can cause a lot of unwanted problem.

Very happy that I came across this procedure. At least I have another procedure to look into if that happening to me. I for one will never get rid of my prostate. I have sent some e-mail to some of the hospitals to see why there is no information on this procedure giving out.

We all need to do our research so we get the best treatment. Life is to short to just give up control to someone that you just meet. You should have some knowledge of your problem before you see your doctor. Ask question so you can get the answers you need to make the right choice for you.

God bless you all....Ken

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you Google the procedure there are many references to it. It is evidently used on many forms of cancer including pancreatic that is usually a difficult one to operate on.

Since being introduced to US market in 2007, the NanoKnife System has been used in over 5,450 procedures.

A NanoKnife* procedure is an ablation procedure that involves the delivery of a series of high voltage direct current electrical pulses between two electrodes placed within a target area of tissue. The electrical pulses produce an electric field which induces electroporation on cells within the target area. Electroporation is a technique in which an electrical field is applied to cells in order to increase the permeability of the cell membranes through the formation of nanoscale defects in the lipid bilayer.

After delivering a sufficient number of high voltage pulses, the cells surrounding the electrodes will be irreversibly damaged. This mechanism which causes permanent cell damage is referred to as Irreversible Electroporation (IRE).

The NanoKnife System has been cleared by the FDA for the surgical ablation of soft tissue. It has not received clearance for the therapy or treatment of any specific disease or condition.

• Posted

Hey Derek

Yes I have read all of them and looked at a lot of the procedure that they have done with this procedure. I just want to know why I have never heard or seen it before.

I think it is a good treatment for the tumor if you do not want to have the prostate removed.

It gives us something else to pic from

Have a good day...Ken

• Posted

Hey Derek

I thought I read that it was FDA approved for soft tissue surgery. Going to have to look that up again.

Thanks Buddy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.