Candida Diet

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi guys just want to share that i have candida and i have to do strict candida diet. 

I cant eat sugar and fruits at all because my candida antibidy IgA level is 16.0/10.0. Does any of you feel that you are cranky because you cant eat sweets? Because i am now. 

Also is it ok to drink black coffee? I really can't start my day without coffee. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i did the candida diet because I had recurring and persistent thrush four years ago  which conventional medicine was having no effect on. I had zero sugar (and zero foods containing yeast) for a few weeks then gradually reintroduced naturally occurring sugars (fruit). I also took supplements that combat candida (coconut oil, rosemary, thyme, oregano oil, cinnamon, probiotics, grapefruit seed extract, garlic)  It certainly helped reduce the frequency and severity of thrush which I now only get if I get too hot and is easily gotten rid of with a single oral dose if fluconazole. I still do not east anything containing  added sugar, only sugars that occur naturally in fruit and veg. We do not need to eat sugar, it just does harm. 

• Posted

Hi! I’ve also tested positive for Candida in my gut. How long did you do the diet to see results? I’m on month 3 of strict eating and have yet to see any improvements. It’s extremely frustrating! 
    • Posted

Are you also taking probiotics? You could also try kafir - sorted out my hubbies gut problems.
    • Posted

Yes i am. I actually don’t even have gut problems just constant vaginal irritation and swelling.  My dr seems to think it’s from the candida overgrowth

• Posted

Have they actually found Candida overgrowth? Have they taken a swab of your vagina and shown that you have Candida infection? Have you tried taking oral fluconazole to clear it up?

Some people have good success in getting rid of Candida overgrowth using a combination of wormwood, black walnut and cloves - have you tried this?

• Posted

Have they actually found Candida overgrowth? Have they taken a swab of your vagina and shown that you have Candida infection? Have you tried taking oral fluconazole to clear it up?

• Posted

I have a candida overgrowth in my gut but all cultures from my vagina have been negative. I took fluconazole for 2 months with no change.  I am waiting for a dermatologist appointment to see if they will be able to give me any different insight. Desperate at this point. 

• Posted

Good idea to see a dermatologist. That is who helped me. My constant burning sensation in the vulva area turned out not be to thrush but vulvodynia.
    • Posted

No discharge. It is a nerve condition. Having said that when it first started I was having thick creamy discharge which stung me. The gynae took a sample of this and found no infection. He also said that when he looked he could see it wasn’t  coming from my vagina but further up from my uterus through my cervix. He didn’t know what it was and just put it down to perimenopause.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up