Cannot Get Rabies from my Mind

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im affarid and Scared i have bad aniexty and i read a american site about pets can give you rabies i was told it wasnt in the uk but my brain wont take it of my mind someone said it was now im suffering with panic attacks i wont let my cats near me or anyone that goes near me. I cannot get a phycatric appioment there all booked i cant take living like this for much longer.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tegan, UK was declared rabies free a hundred years ago. There was one poor sole who died of a rabies-like illness in 2002 - he was a professional bat handler ( not the cricket variety) . But other than that no issues. If rabies was found here there would be an all out effort to kill it off again and it would be all over the news. If you go visit Africa etc you should be vaccinated as animals still carry it there. Your cat does not have rabies, but a cat scratch or bite must be cleaned and scrubbed as bacterial infection is a possibility, the same as with a dog bite or a child's bite for that matter. I myself am a cat person, and I have trained myself never to pull my hand back and now I never get a penetrating wound, as the cat is not really trying to draw blood but the angle of the teeth and claws can cause them to dig in if you pull away sharply. This is natures way of helping them hold onto their dinner I reckon. D.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply i think me seeing that its free helps me for a bit but i drift back into the same situation hopefully i can get out of this cycle one day smile
  • Posted

Hi Tegan, I am so happy if I was able to explain it in a way that made sense to you . And helped you with your cat. I'm afraid I just can't explain Mr Farage and his desire to get handguns back into the UK. My dear Mother told me if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything. So I will have to stop now. Be kind to yourself, David.
  • Posted

If you have ocd or anxiety, if you are afraid of something it's best not to look it up. Talk to someone about your fear and work things out rather than go to the Internet. The Internet is filled with lies and fake facts and stuff. Find something that relaxes you and try to get your mind off it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.