cant do anything on mirtazapine any answers

Posted , 8 users are following.

been taking these pills for 2 months now they seem to be making me worse i have no incentive to do absolutely anything....communicate get washed dressed or even leave my room has anyone else had theswe experiences and can you help me in any way to get motivated please....losing the will now !!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I too took Mirtazapine previously for around the same amount of weeks before things began to change I experienced very very similar symptoms to those your so well described Lesley. You are not alone believe me. Thing is since coming off them say 7days ago ( a phased reducinung weening off approach)..at first I felt tentively better ..but now whether its to do with after effects of mirtazapine OR just my historical demons running riot ..I feel lousy and my bedroom is my prison. Hope I've made sense.

Like I said you are not alone ...I do though wish you strength, peace and improved health. Keep fighting Lesley

Karl

• Posted

hi Karl cheers for the response..i too am not sure if its the pills or the historical demons either...mmmm hard call...can completely relate my living room is my prison what the hell is that about...thanks for saying i am not alone shaking as i type........i guess u decided after a couple of months that they were not for you...hence coming off??.....i think i want to as well....wishing you strength and some sort of peace back at you..
    • Posted

Hi Lesley ...

Yes I just felt something wasn't right with these Mirtazapine meds ... so without asking or discussing things with my GP I just weened off them.

To be honest it seems a casevof damned if you do, and damnrd if you don't.

Also I have little faith in my GP or any GP ...I feel no matter what med they prescribe its always a case of hey let's suck n see. Thing is its us poor bas#$rds that are the Guinea Pigs ...and its all too much for me. Life should not be this way for ANY human bring.

All the best Lesley ..Thankyou for your thoughts...

• Posted

cheers  Karl, like yourself i feel like theres something not right either.....darned if you do darned if you dont...guess theres only one answer there and now to do it.......yep we sure is guinea pigs for sure....sooooo wrong....all the best to yo too Karl...keep the faith and stay good....
  • Posted

Hi Lesley. I took Mirtazapine 45mg for about 10 weeks and had to stop. It had me like a zombie. I can relate to the living room prison remark.. Big time. I was getting up at about 1pm and going straight to my sofa back into a trance sleep like state.. But never felt like I'd slept. I was also unable to drive or work because of how zonked I was. I have now just started Venlafaxine which is currently making me feel in a similar way. But I hope the defects will ease off after a few weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Rachael thanks so for your reply as to Karl, its great to know i have some support out there as i am sure everyone else is.....the sofa trance is so very annoying to say the least...i wish you well on the venlafaxine not sure what it is but really hope it works for you...keep us posted...wishing you all the best...take care
  • Posted

I was on these and felt awful. You have to be very careful coming off them though. I was on them longer than you.
    • Posted

Ok Chris thanks...tempted to throw them out but know you have to be careful many thanks...u all good now i hope
    • Posted

In terms of coming of this med, I went cold turkey. I'd only been on the 45mg dose for 10 weeks and the cold turkey phase of about 2 weeks was awful. I think gradual reduction would be better, but I was desperate to get it out my system! Take care
    • Posted

I hear what you are saying girl.......im desperate to get rid of it too...cluck cluck.....thanks a lot for vibes
    • Posted

Hi Lesley no still struggling and now on sertraline and quietipine due to withdrawal of mirtazapine. Only low dose of quietipine but I'm still not well for long and now get terrible jaw clenching. Still hoping for something that works. God knows if I'll ever find it. Yes please withdraw very slowly if you're going to. My gp out me straight on sertraline and never weaned me off mirt. I had the most terrible time. How do they get away with doing this. Its awful good luck x
  • Posted

Oh I forgot to mention I was off work for 8 weeks after that happened. Be careful x
  • Posted

Mitrtazapine  is not for everyone, it made me worse and a few frieNds on here too. Don't let it get to far before speaking to your gp. It maybe you need to change 
  • Posted

I really don't understand how I can go from being a happy motivated busy person to not being able to wash or cook or any simple tasks. Sometimes I really think medication has made me worse and has contributed to my downward spiral. I hate living like this. I don't think there is an answer sometimes
    • Posted

I echo you exact comments Chris (well put)..

I feel like I'm in a maze ...just me in my own unique maze ...like others are in theirs. Its a lonely, painful, soul destroying, totally energy and motivation sapping dark place. Its hard to believe there's a way out ...and just when I start to believe there may be ...a lousy day hits knocking me for six!

Your comments kinda sum things up!

Back to my meditation ...maybe that's part of the solution...hmmm

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Karl I'm glad it's not just me who feels like this maybe I should start meditating. Don't Really know how though. I really don't recognise myself anymore. Just want to be happy and be my old self., but I don't know where she's gone. do you think medication sometime makes you worse.?? Wish I'd never gone down med route I feel like an addict now and can't get off them even though they dont really help me long term
    • Posted

Yes I do Chris ...orvatleast I have that strong suspicion. I sometimes regret ever putting any pill or tablet meant to improve my mind into my mouth. Rightly or wrongly I feel these big pharmaceutical billion dollar corporations use us as Guinea pigs. Why? Because we are desperate to rid ourselves of the teribble soul destroying illness of poor mental health/anxiety etc.

Try meditation ...maybe it'll help retrain your thoughts and in turn alter a little how your mind tells your body to react to things.

A strong powerful mind surely is key to a lot of our problems ...how we achieve that strong powerful mind I don't know ...but meditation seems a good option to try Chris.

Peace

Karl [feeling absolutely lousy in England sad ]

• Posted

Karl you are correct they pass these pills out not really nowing and warning you of possible side effects. I took venlafaxine 7 years ago it was a miracle for me.Went off it as I was better.Four years later it all started creeping back now I am in a similar state and can not for some reason tolerate any meds have tried them all feelin lousey in the usa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.