cant do anything on mirtazapine any answers

Posted , 8 users are following.

been taking these pills for 2 months now they seem to be making me worse i have no incentive to do absolutely anything....communicate get washed dressed or even leave my room has anyone else had theswe experiences and can you help me in any way to get motivated please....losing the will now !!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I really don't understand how I can go from being a happy motivated busy person to not being able to wash or cook or any simple tasks. Sometimes I really think medication has made me worse and has contributed to my downward spiral. I hate living like this. I don't think there is an answer sometimes
    • Posted

Sorry that went on twice!
    • Posted

Are you on meds now Karl? Do they help?
    • Posted

Chris I came off Mirtazapine about 9days ago. I too a reducing approach over about 7 days ..i.e. 15mg >>> 7.5mg (4 days) >>>3.75mg (3days) ...first few days off I felt not too bad. But after around 5 days I began to feel LOUSY!

Questions questions ...is it withdrawal? ..is it the meds making things worse? ...is it my historical poor mental health returning with a vengeance? Who knows?

That said, the way I feel this time ...does feel different to anytime before so I think ..just think that certain meds can and do make things worse ..even when coming off.

Hope that makes sense Chris ..

Best wishes

• Posted

hey Chris totally agree with you, i too feel like a totally different person unable to do anything cook clean or even want to get dressed....i want me back too where have i gone these drugs are worse than anything i have ever experienced and ive been through bad stuff....doctors should not be giving people these things...,2 in afternoon and i am in my room terrified of something and i dont even know what it is..how mad is that...sending you some positive vibes  ..hang in there!!
    • Posted

Thanks Lesley totally know what you mean. Im scared to leave the house and have to to to work tomorrow. How can you feel so scared of stuff that shouldn't bother you? Don't Know if meds work or not so confused by the whole thing . Hope you feel better
    • Posted

Thanks karl I too felt awful when I came off mirtazapine. What the hell should we do you just don't know what to do for the best. So fed up of feeling sh*te. Hope you're feeling a bit better smile
    • Posted

hi Chris goodness knows i think it must be the meds as never felt like this before in my life..i have been to my docs and taken off mirts and put on another antidepressent....been off em 4 day now..spent last 3 hiding under blanket scared but today im actually up showered and dressed and attempting to go to the dentist which i didnt want to do....im trying to do the mind over matter thing as cant be hiding away and not doing anything its hard but i am trying...hope you fairing better and actually got to work????..thinking of you with positive thoughts
    • Posted

mind you i have to say i had to take a valuim for dutch courage but hey its got me dressed and functioning a little......not sure id have done it without any help....
  • Posted

The only thing Mirtazapine did for me was to shoot my appetite into over drive. I've gained 10lbs in a little under 2 months. I've asked my Dr for an alternative because this weight gain is now contributing to my already low self esteem. They used to help me sleep, I was told to increase my dosage to 30mg (started on 15mg)as had little to no effect on my low mood. I've had the dosage lowered again to 15mg but now I'm back where I started with extremes in mood changes, one minute laughing the next having morbid thoughts I actually wish I never started these things.

• Posted

agreed re the weight i was eating for the world which dosent make you feel good......not loving the mood swings either. i went back to my doctors and told him they were not working for me and was given something else...can you do the same and maybe try something else as they dont work for everyone i can testify for that!....good luck..my dr was very understanding and took me off them straight away..worth a try going back if they are not helping ..
    • Posted

I do plan on having my meds reviewed again, next week infact. I asked for an alternative last month but they told my to half the dosage. I get the feeling I'm not taken seriousl, which sets me back as my self esteem is already low at the best of times. I need them to help me sleep and for the depression, I was originally put on them because I was hearing voices and seeing shadows but was told these were waking dreams hence why this med was added.
  • Posted

I have just started on 15mg after coming off of Duloxitine

I have been on them for 5 nights and i feel completely out of control of my own body. I feel faint like part of my brain is drifting behind me,just wanted to stare into space as cant concentrate, had the shakes can't feel my hands, arms feel heavy and face quite numb. i have also been sleeping up to 3 hours in the afternoon as i am so tired from taking the tablet the night before even though i have had a good sleep.

I am so scared especially now the weekend is here and my regular gp is shut. do i carry on? do i stop? do i go to the on call doctor?

• Posted

I am on these started of at 15mg now on 30 mg, I have been on these for 3 years and I can say when I first started oof on them i felt like a zombie! could not get out of bed or eat but over time u get used to them and now I have noticed that I do sometimes get forgetfull but overall there not all that bad. I think it all depends on the person and the dose u take, I was once put on the highest dose and I could not sleep when on them i became very disstressed with it all. If you can stick it out till the side effects lessen then do but if not tell your doctor there not right for you. Only you will know whats right and whats not for you its all try and error with pills. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.