Cant do this anymore

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am absolutely sick of this left arm left leg thing.i went out today for the first time in ages to see if it would take my mind off things and it didnt. I cant get on with my life because im constantly thinking that im dying, ive even said no to a relationship with a guy that i really like. What if this is something serious and my mind is right.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

And what if it is nothing serious and you're putting your life on hold while worrying about it? Go see a different doc,  get a second opinion and then put your mind at ease
  • Posted

get it checked out , dont say no to this guy let him decide hun 
    • Posted

Ive told the doctors and seen about 4 different ones and they say its anxiety but im not convinced it is 
    • Posted

To a pedriatic on the 12th december. But i cant wait that long 
    • Posted

this will put ur mind at rest. its only 2 weeks , try relax u will make it worse look up on youtube for relaxation videos or mindfullness to ease your anxiety 
  • Posted

I can relate I too felt it was too much and stopped dating a great guy in order to diminish my stress. But obviously it didn't work u actually became more anxious since he would help me with my anxiety. Just think that you almost have the doctor appointment and then you can put your mind at ease. Try listening to relaxation music it really helps. Or drink tea (chamomile) it relaxes your body. It's good that you're trying to go out and get your mind of it, that's the first step 
  • Posted

Well hopefully the tests at the hospital will tell you if there is something physically wrong with you.  I know you have been very, very anxious about all this.  I don't ecpect you are really dying but your active mind tells you different.  Keep going to doctors and hospital until you get a diagnosis.

Anxiety can give us so many different pains in every part of our body.  I had the same but all tests proved negative and I had to accept that our brains can cause havoc with our bodies. 

• Posted

Be brave and say yes to the guy you like, it may be rough at first but it might just take your mind off being preoccupied with your body and help you build some confidence. When I spend time with my boyfriend I feel better, he makes me laugh and I stop concentrating on the things that are (but actually arent) wrong with me. You could ask yourself what if forever and ever, try to be strong and go for it!!!
  • Posted

Hi Emily, definitely see this guy.

Ive read plenty of your posts and your mind is not right as constantly thinking your gonna die from one thing or another is not a rational thought process and you need to be treated for this.

Have you looked up health anxiety and the symptoms bith physical and mental to see if it's this you have rather than self diagnosing something by going straight for worst case scenario? You might find that your symptoms are exactly heakth anxiety related.

Thinking your dying is a horrible thought to have and I do feel for you so much, perhaps keep a diary of everything your experiencing with headings like..

- Symptom.

- What I think it is.

- What do I think will happen.

- What did others tell me it was.

Then after a while put some notes next to them along the lines of:

- Was I right about what it was?

- Did I come close to dying?

- If no to the above what was the likely or diagnosed reason for the symptoms eg A Cold, a hangover, simple headache, health anxiety, normal sensations the body experiences such as anxiety, numbness, cramp, nerve endings firing off causing twitching, getting up quickly and feeling dizzy.

Then after a few weeks look back over your diary and ask yourself if you were being rational or not and what you can learn from doing it.

N

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.