cant even take a damn shower

Posted , 4 users are following.

my legs feel weak heavy and i fear im gonna fall in the shower i hate this. sad stupid anxiety

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I'm new to this forum but just had to respond to you. I know exactly what you're going through. I too feel so anxious when showering. I feel as if my legs are going up give way. I can't wait to get out and steady myself. The only consolation is that when I'm done I think yo myself well I did it and nothing happened so it's a bit of an achievement. I've recently started propranolol which help a bit. Anxiety/panic for me started about a month ago and I'm knocked for six. Trying to stay positive and strong and waiting for nhs referral.
  • Posted

Ok on this you have to draw the line. Draw it and demand more of yourself. Ik that might sound hard but its easy. Go in the shower and note to self anxiety you do mot get to effect my showers. You are in control of this big time. Take back the control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.