cant shift this health anxiety again

Posted , 3 users are following.

from brain tumors to heart attcks and now focusing on breast cancer, i cant get it into my head that i dont have anything wrong with me. im convincing myself that regular normal feeling breast tissue is riddled with cancer, i literally have a pain in my chest from searching for problems...... ahhhhhh 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Your not alone.

My Dr. just said "Wow that is unusal" from recent exam...I wrote down the words he said for the condition and have been looking it up for days giving myself cancer.

My friends are teasing me asking me what kind of flowers I want at my funeral.

Really not funny as we really believe we are dying all the time!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know exactly how u feel. This health anxiety needs to sod off now. I don't feel very anxious about anything. But I just never feel well I have a fear of vomiting which is what started if all off 8 years ago but I managed with that as it wasn't all day every day. But heart attacks are now another fear I developed in January chest pain left arm pain are unreal. Also shortness of breath. Been seen but all 3 doctors at my doctors they say nope ur fine. Been to A&E like 6 times I haven't been for a while though had full.blood work done ecg like 4 times chest x ray and are are normal or so they tell me but do I believe them no I don't and why cos I've read and read that we as people know when something isn't right and that how I feel I feel and know I have a heart problem. They said that they won't do a stress test or ct scan as the cardiologist says that 1 I'm a bit young for heart problems all out the blue when none of my test have shown anything odd and 2 all it will do is feed the need for more reassurance. Well what crap that is. I'm in pain and my day to day life is hell
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up