cant stop eating

Posted , 2 users are following.

sadstarted m for 1st time on friday and has anyone else had urges to just eat all the time, could this be a side effect and if so will it settle down as i struggle with weight anyway and this will depress me even more!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have noticed my appetite has increased but iff you drink more water and get a stock of fruit in and try to be a bit a more active hopefully you can control this side effect let me know how you get on smile smile im new on this antidepressant to
  • Posted

smile thanks for your reply i will try the fruit and exercise, did you put on weight as a result of aking m. many thanks s.
  • Posted

morning i havent as yet put on weight with m but have noticed that my appetite has increased so have put the fruit, exercise idea into place try to keep busy let me know how you get on one day at a time iff m is helping with the depression u have to weigh up what is a priority at the moment let me know :D
  • Posted

I have been on them for 2 months and it has made me pile on the pounds. I can't stop eating. I knock back 3 family packs of minstrels or m@m's daily. Each morning I promise myself today will be the day I start dieting and cutting out chocolate. But I end up going out to corner shop in the early hours, grabbing bags of the stuff. I have always smoked a lot of dope and have had \"munchies\" but nothing, nothing close to the sweet cravings since I've been on mirtazapine. I am tempted to try and get changed to knew types. But they help me sleep, although they dont keep me asleep. I also have horrific vivid dreams since taking them and it must be them because people who smoke dope relentlessly dont have many dreams. Anyway, I'm off to stuff myself with a family packet of Maltesers. (The shop was out of Minstrels)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.