cant take much more

Posted , 6 users are following.

finaly got the courage to go to the doctor last week about this after months of chest pains palputations shakes constantley terrified of people other than family, and i get given a leaflet and told to keep a diary and go back in a week. im starting to think it would be better for me and my family if i wasn't here cant take much more.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

How old are you?I too have anxiety issues! But let me advise you that life is worth it! Please imagine how your family would be feeling having to organise your funeral! Do you work? Have you a dog? Why not go to a peaceful area and sit down and just think of other people who Are alone with no one to care for them regards Amanda
  • Posted

Michael you're not alone. Diaries are good to try and identify what sets us off. Did your GP discuss medication? I've lived with anxiet for 4 years now. Not medicated as part of my condition is a fear of medication but you can learn to manage it. Deep breathing and relaxation techniques help. Talking to others also helps as you'll find you are not alone. Agoraphobia and fear of others is quite common. I've been through that phase as well. If you need to then make an appt with a different GP. A second opinion never hurts.
  • Posted

Unfortunately i know exactly how you feel, im in a very dark place at the minute aswel and have been thinking the same. All i can say is that acording to other people on here it does get better. Ive been put on citalopram ive done my week of 10mg and now on day 5 i think of 20mg so im hoping that helps
    • Posted

im not on any meds yet but hopfuly on friday the doctor will listen and help me,but i find it to hard to explain exactly how i feel without sounding pathetic for a 41 year old grown man
    • Posted

I know how you feel, i cant go out, cant eat, cant do basic things and feel like im in a very big whole. I dont know how im going survive this but im hoping the medication works. Ive got alot of side effects off my medication aswel including a rash but a rash is the least of my problems
  • Posted

michael where do you get the pains? and if you started goin to the doctor just make sure to watch for what meds they might give you for some meds can be very helpful but addictive if you do get any for example xanax try to use it for whn your really panic or really needed cause taking it everyday as prescribe may build up a dependency and once you wana stop its real hard cause of the withdrawls but taking them as needed when you really needed you would be good and if you can tell me where is it you get the pains and do you get chest discmforts to?im 23 years old and i suffer from anxiety and if you keep thi king about it it only gets worse sometimes so you need to distract your self  i hope you get good news and feel better keep postive my friend
    • Posted

pains are in my chest legs stomach i get pulses in my eyes and fingers and latley i cant stop shaking even finding it hard to type
  • Posted

michael how old are you and how long do your chest apins last and what side ofr chest you get them and fi you get them in both side wich side do you feel more paind and how long dos it stay there
  • Posted

Hello michael

Your last sentence was so distressing to read....does you "family" consist of a wife/partner/children  You need help and support, from both a medical point of view and of family members.  When you see your doctor again, ask him for information to help your family understand what you are going through.  There IS help out there, and understaning anxiety is half the battle.  So please persevere.  You will get through it!  Look after yourself, be positive, and dismiss those dark thoughts.  Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.