Cant think properly

Posted , 5 users are following.

Really having trouble thinking normally and CLEARLY. Feel so tired, feel like everyone is staring at me, forget a lot of things, etc.

What should I do?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It could be stress, anxiety or depression .

Have you considered going to see your GP?

Every GP has the power to refer you to where you can get help.

• Posted

Hi, Ive been to the GP 3 times since february. Ive been referred to counselling. But im scared to tell them everything because some things i think of, like my worldview, is so strange and weird... have you ever been to counselling? any advice is appreciated.
    • Posted

Among other things I am a counsellor, and I have to tell you that without the complete upfront honesty and frankness of a patient then how are we expected to help you?

Please let me assure you that nothing that you can say will make us think any the less of you, but we do need know the full story and the truth.

• Posted

Thanks, i do appreciate that. I guess i must tell them everything then. OK.. thanks.
  • Posted

Hi Arun, how long have you felt like this? Are you on medication? Are you taking anything that could contrubute to your troubles? i know that taking stuff can really affect how you feel and act. 

seeing a counsellor will very definately help. this forum will help too.

• Posted

Hiya arun93

I had exactly the same problem I got really paranoid, used to forget everything even going to the shop buying stuff I needed then getting home and not remembering buying it Or picking it up in the first place! I started to write myself to do lists and kept a diary of what I did during the day as a lot of the time I couldn't remember silly things like feeding the dog! When I spoke to the Dr about it he said it was normal because there is so much going on in your head at the min.

I also had the feeling people were staring at me. Spoke with my counsellor who gave me something interesting to think about. I remember telling her in our last session that people were staring at me everyone I walked past n it was awful. She said what we don't realise is that sometimes we my glance at people for a 100th of a second longer than we normally do, so then the other person may be thinking what he/she staring at? So then stares back at you!

I'm in my 5 session with my counsellor and she's brilliant easy to talk to and she genuinely cares about what I'm saying to her. I had to change counsellors as I didn't feel he was doing anything to help me.

If you go into counselling with the thought of its not going to help me then it won't. Go in with an open mind and give it a go. They aren't going to sit there and think that some of your thoughts and the way you see the world are weird. Anything you say to them is confidential and they won't judge you at all.

If you need to talk pm me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.