Carbs...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I know its 30g fat and about 1500 calories but are there any rules on the amount of carbs you can eat?

Because some food low in fat is high in carbs...

Confused =]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

to be perfectly honest i dont look at carbs, i focus on the fat content primarily and then the cals, i dont look at carbs, sugars etc
  • Posted

I think only fat counting is strictly relevant in terms of the medication. However, in order to get really good value out of the whole process, it seems you need to take in less fuel than you use up, as for any succesful weight loss. My guess is that you do that in whatever way floats your boat.

For most of us, restricting calories to a sensible level that we can stick to for a number of months, (1400 works for me), and upping activity to keep our metabolisms pumping when our bodies wants to tip into starvation mode ( 4-5 sweaty exercise sessions a week works for me) has been a good pattern. However if counting carbs + exercise works better for you instead, go with it.

• Posted

I have lost 3 stone on orlistat since June and I do not eat anything bought which has a fat content over 2mg you would be surprised what goodies there are Then I count up the fat and as long as it is below around 10mg I don,t bother. I eat plenty of baked potatoes with leeks or cauliflower and I do use a low fat cheese and semi skimmed milk to use as a cream topping yum yum! I have not yet felt the supposedly tummy upset through eating over 15mg at a meal in fact I feel fine though am not confident enough yet to come off the tablets but watch this space
  • Posted

Hi Dave from Cornwall

Is that 2mg per 100g or per item, ie. bar , portion etc.

Also give us some ideas what you eat.

Many thanks,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.