Cataract lens recall is yours on the List

Posted , 4 users are following.

Check FDA to see if your ser number is on the recall list. I had my Lens company called me to ask for my ser number, If a company has several lens recall why would I want this product in my eye.

cataract surgeny is a billion dollars business.

This your eyesight we are talking about not a store return.

Do a lot of research... go to FB type in Negative Dysphotopsia.

Doctors  recieve what is called samplers and you are the guinea pig

if your doctor selects you to inplant the samplers.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What brand of lenses are on the recall list?
    • Posted

I only check the Abbott lens , you will have to go to the FDA web site  and ches yours
    • Posted

intraocular lens24 - Product Code HQL25

Product ReSTOR intraocular lens and ReSTOR Toric intraocular lens.

The Alcon AcrySof IQ ReSTOR and IQ ReSTOR Toric intraocular lenses are posterior chamber lenses intended as optical implants designed to replace the human crystalline lens in adult patients following cataract surgery. The lenses subject to this correction are manufactured specifically for Japan.

Code Information Model Numbers: SN6AD1, SN6AD3, SV25T0, MN6AD1,SND1T3, SND1T4, SND1T5 and SND1T6 and all lot numbers.

• Posted

read Alcon's press release put out in October  

- read the recall notice

• Posted

Alcon Recalls More AcrySof Intraocular Lenses in Japan
    • Posted

If you suffered complications after ICL surgery, we invite you to join the discussion on FaceBook

IMPORTANT: If you experienced problems related to implantable contact lenses, the FDA wants to hear from you. File a MedWatch report with the FDA online. Alternatively, you may call FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 to report by telephone, or download a copy of the paper form and either fax it to 1-800-FDA-0178 or mail it using the postage-paid addressed form. Read implantable lens injury reports filed with the FDA (enter product code MTA, select a date range, and click search).

• Posted

Please note that the ICL is an implantable lens for phakic eyes (those that still have their natural lens).  This is a different category of lens than an IOL (a replacement lens implanted during cataract surgery, after removal of the natural lens).
    • Posted

FDA  Z9002 I check my model but you an go to the web site and type in your model and name .a list of serial numbers will come up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.