Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +1 following
Guest Guest

Cefalexin - not really sure about it...

Went to doc complaining of headaches. Doc advising might be sinus infection and gave cefalexin for the infection and acupan for headaches, also a new nasal spray for the sinuses. Took all three at once in the loo when got back to work. 2 acupan and 1 cefaxlexin. Forty-five mins later, felt clammy sweat coming on and quite faint. Really didn't think I would make it to the ladies and thought would collapse on the department floor. Unsure whether is the cefalexin or acupan maybe combination of both. At this time of writing unsure whether to continue with course or just put up with the headaches. Side effects for acupan appear to be the same, faint, sweats, shakes. Don't imagine is a good idea to take two drugs with same side effects. Thinking of going back to docs for something I'm more familiar with - amoxycillin - no side effects with that and maybe good old co-codamol!! It was certainly true for me that taking the medicines resulted in feeling more lousy than the initial complaint.

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.