Celexa 20mg day 3 feeling shocking , how much worse before I get bettter

Posted , 10 users are following.

ive never felt as bad as this in my life and i am dreading day 4,5,6 and so on shaking constantly , cant sleep, waking up way too early , spaced out feeling , i have nobody to really talk to about my anxiety at the moment and i feel im going to be like this forever , how long until the days start getting a little better

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i know the feeling James It'll be easy for me to say stick with it It'll get better (it will) but when youre feeling do terrible its hard to believe isnt it? Unfortunately it takes a while for the side effects to subside. I could tell you of my experience and how long it took fir me and how bad i felt but i think each of us its different and length of time it takes is different. Take comfort in believing the side effects will ease and you will feel better. My thinking when i started was that I've been suffering these side effects for a while it would be a shame for it to be in vain if i didnt see it through. Hope it doesnt take much linger for you to feel better. Ron

• Posted

I truly feel your pain. Ron is right though, it will begin to ease but time scale differs so much between people. I found the first two weeks hell on earth, side effects eased each day from then on. Plenty of ups and downs until I had a terrible 2 weeks at around 7 weeks in. I upped my dose from 20 to 30 with very little side effects and things have been slowly looking up since. Plenty of self care, be kind to yourself and believe you will get better (easier said I know I was where you are) I would recommend speaking to your GP and see if they can give you a short term benzo to help.

• Posted

i feel like i cant last 2 weeks , i never in my life thought anxiety could be so bad

• Posted

isn't that awful.i felt just like that but worst.saying prayer for you.

• Posted

the not eating part is really getting to me, i try chewing on something but find myself just chewing and struggling to swallow, i have a dull pressure in my head , any advice on getting my apitite back or is is just a waiting game

• Posted

hi there, yes its a waiting game. not a very nice one. I was like this too but its slowly got better. does your anxiety calm in the early evening? if it does try and eat then even if its snacky stuff. I wasnt eating, not taking medication for diabetes and it wasnt doing me any good. it will feel so good when you feel the cloud lift

• Posted

i can only speak for myself but it was over 3 weeks before i could eat. I was getting anxious about not eating and worrying about weakness stomach cramps generally my overall physical health. My GP told me not to worry about not eating just as long as I drank enough. She also advised me to get Lucozade which did help. I read that you can go for ages without eating so long as you keep up the fluids. Try not to get anxious about not eating - I know, easier said but not done... Think its yet another side effect we have to put up with before the side effects subside...

• Posted

i understand that , i just know by eating it should make me feel a little better, i want to eat but just cant , its so frustrating , do you have any advice on the Nauseous feeling i get from the celexa ?

• Posted

hi yes it does seem to get a little better in the evening usually when ive had a shower or a bath, but then when i am trying to get to sleep i start to sweat and panic , im really struggling with it as its all new to me. i have a constant tight band around my head , my auntie has hyst died from a brain tumour so im convincing myself i have the symptoms , i have been suffering with anxiety a few months but the past few days has been hell

• Posted

hi JAMES,

I was you just a few weeks ago so I truly understand how you’re feeling . for some people starting on the medication does increase your anxiety and of course it doesn’t help when you have the headaches feel horrible feel nauseous can’t eat . and not eating just makes things worse . I tried forcing myself to eat but I so get the fact that sometimes you don’t even feel like you can swallow the food I tried just eating a few almonds and some blueberries that’s the only thing that got me anything in my stomach and then usually buy evening I could eat something just a little bit . I woke up every morning feeling so bad and not wanting to get out of bed and feeling anxious about not getting better . for me it was about 13 weeks and looking back it was a gradual thing . and then one day on December 6 I woke up and nothing I felt fine no anxiety no headache no nausea no shaking I just was better .

so take everybody’s advice you will get better you just have to write out the first couple of weeks which really sucks but then little by little you’ll start eating a little more, you won’t have a headache all day, you’ll have a few moments where you don’t think about your anxiety and the next day just a little bit better and the next day it will be a little bit better . I agree with Lois I really relied on my lorazepam and to help me get through the really tough days I only took one per day and was very careful not to take too many but it did help and I knew I was getting better one day when I wasn’t hundred percent but I didn’t need the benzo .

Hang in there, we're all here to support you,

carolyn

• Posted

i did have a go at celexa in march and the doctor gave me 10mg , i started to feel ok after a month or so then being stupid i never went back for more, this time is totally different now its unreal how bad it is i felt i needed a higher dose , im practically bed bound in a real mess , im so scared

• Posted

Hi James.Everybody that is on citrolopram would have had those side effects.When i first started on citroloram,my side effects were pretty bad and i could not eat much and would get side effects that would stop me sleeping and feeling sick ,but after persevering for 8/10 weeks most side effects started to go as the medication started to work on me and i found that slowly i was feeling much better.What i don't understand why are you on 20 mgs celexa .I would have thought the doctor would start you off at 10 mgs.Also when do you take your medication during the day or at night before going to bed

• Posted

these replys are stating longer and longer time scales for getting better and im only on day 3 , this time for me is the worst 23:50 trying to get to sleep panicking petrified

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.