Celexa 20mg day 3 feeling shocking , how much worse before I get bettter

Posted , 10 users are following.

ive never felt as bad as this in my life and i am dreading day 4,5,6 and so on shaking constantly , cant sleep, waking up way too early , spaced out feeling , i have nobody to really talk to about my anxiety at the moment and i feel im going to be like this forever , how long until the days start getting a little better

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi James, being put straight onto 20mg is going to make you feel awful. Alot of doctors prescribe 10mg for up to a few weeks to reduce the side effects then onto 20mg. Anxiety can get worse whilst settling on these. Definitely worth speaking to your doctor regarding the side effects especially as you did well on 10mg previously. The problem with anxiety is the fear of it can make it alot worse, what helped me was to accept the physical anxiety symptoms., knowing it will pass and practice relaxation, I know it is easier said than done, but for me I learnt to manage it.

• Posted

i never remember the side effects being this bad last time , the problem i have with my gp practice is its impossible to get an appointment , as im only on day 4 do you think i would be wise to cut them in half with a stanley knife and just take 10mg

• Posted

what about booking an emergency appointment or telephone call with your doc, am assuming your in UK so understand how difficult it can be.

it has to be your decision dropping to 10mg, be mindful that even after a few days dropping could cause you problems initially. i personally would, but have suffered alot doing that, for me its been worth it, and I can handle dealing with anxiety side effects. have been in withdrawal for a year and so my fear of symptoms have disappeared.

• Posted

I would strongly recommend you speak to your doctor first.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply , the more i think about it the more i think it makes sense , i am currently trying to get through to my doctors as i can only call at 8 and 12, silly uk surgery rules , it was no way as bad as this last time , the side effects do terrify me and i think i need to do my best to conquer them

• Posted

Have you had any luck getting hold of a doctor? let me know how you get on, I have had similar problems, hopefully, they will agree to you dropping to 10mg as its only been a few days.

Be prepared, you could have a few horrible days due to the change, just go with it and hang in there, at least its the weekend!

• Posted

yes i have , she said she would have preferred me to start on 10mg it was me who wanted a higher dose, i would have never asked if i knew how bad the side effects would be , im really hoping it doesnt get any worse , im looking for the tipping point where i start going the other way (feeling better). i really hope i feel well enough to go to work monday, i have had yesterday and today off work

• Posted

yes paula yes i had 10mg today , bad evening over all , im thinking about my anxiety literally every min of my day , panic attacks are frequent at nighttime before i sleep , i have some beta blockers too , they help with the heart pulps thats all , im praying the celexa starts to work soon

• Posted

Hopefully you should start feeling better within the next few days, its all very normal I am afraid, although can affect people differently, try not to let it scare you.

• Posted

its a real shame it makes you worse before better, i really didnt know what was happening , in my eyes i had started my meds but i was getting worse , thank god for the forum

• Posted

what is a benzo? i did get some beta blockers for the panic attacks

• Posted

a benzo is a quick anxiety reliever usually given to folks for panic or for starting ssris.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.