Celexa

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have noticed that come the afternoons I start getting real panicked especially if I know my husband has to go to work that evening. I don't like feeling like this.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That's how I used to be.  Hated being on my own and felt scared when I was.  I used get anxious when Monday came round and I had to go back to work, though enjoyed it when I was there, then got anxious when Friday came round as had to face the weekend!!  I used to panic about going on holiday and panic when I came back.  Couldn't win 🙄

As as these meds start working for you, you'll begin to feel calmer, happier and will find being on your own not full of anxiety anymore.

These meds take an awful long time to work for most, so count progress in months not weeks.  As each month passes you'll begin to notice little changes.  It took me about 3-4 months.  Some people recovery quicker.  It's not all bad during that time either as it gets better.  Remember, you can't hurry a good thing 😊❤️

Just keep going, through all the strange experiences, and you'll find recovery will begin to happen for you too.  There may be setbacks along the way where you'll feel like you're going backwards, but they're normal.  

Youll get there.

K x

• Posted

I feel that way to at times. I have high points and low points. Its like it comes in spurts. I'm sure that's what the medicine is supposed to do but I wish it didnt I want to feel good all the time and not feel so low some times. Its aggravating.
  • Posted

My worst time is morning by far then from abt 4 till 7 i kinda feel like ive forgotten how it feels to just b normal! God i wish these would kick in! Although i think im my own worst enemy i worry abt feeling anxious so i feel it then it gets me down!
    • Posted

That's how I am I worry about my worry. It seems kind of funny but its really not. I hate it. I want my normal back. I know it takes time and I just have to learn patients. Which for me is very hard.
    • Posted

Ur preaching to the converted here! Waiting for these to kick in is torture! I keep thinking i'll never feel better which is crazy as ive only felt this way for a few months which means ive had yrs of feeling like me but this anxiety bout has really knocked my confidence! Which i know is all part of anxiety have u ever read the citralopram survial guide? Worth a read!
    • Posted

Type it in its written by a guy whos in our shoes (pycopoet) or something is his name its a long read but it helps! Is this ur first time on cit? Or ssri's??

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up