Celexa & Cough and Phlem & sore throat.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Everybody! 

So I went to the dentist today and had Part 1 of my Root Canal. It was severely infected 4 roots and its tooth B14. I did great with the novicane, I’m getting savy with the teeth! I’m still on the antibiotics for another week to clear up the Face pain and puffines. I did develop a bad cough and cold and sore throat. I can’t stop coughing and it makes my head hurt.  I used a tussin cough med that I had in the house without thinking. After 20 min I was a mess. OMG the side effects were scary. What kind of cough medicine is good with citalopram?

Will😎

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Only mucinex
    • Posted

And chloraseptic..sorry just remembering
    • Posted

Thank you if you remember anything else let me know. When it rains it pours. I’m just in a little blip as it’s called. 

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi,

Since you just had a quite difficult procedure for dental infection, I think could be more wise to be checked by your doctor. This is in case it is not just a bad cold, but a secondary infection due to the dental procedure you just had, and so extra care is needed.

Best regards and take care.

• Posted

Kostas,

I got the cough and cold 2 days before the dentist. I got it from the AC at my job it was freezing in here. Now I open my window to let the warm air in. Thanks for checking in on me. Much appreciated. The people on here are great. 

Will😎

• Posted

Don't forget the Vicks on your chest before you go to bed...

• Posted

I hope you’re doing okay Will. You will get past this. Im at the dentist tomorrow, I’m in so much pain in my jaw and right up into my eye socket, I know they’re going to drill my tooth out and then they’re going to asses the tooth and they’ll decide if it can be filled or if I need root canal surgery doing. I’m just not sure if it’s infected or not as I’ve never had such a throbbing pain over such a large area. I really hope that the numbing injection doesn’t react with my citalopram though, I’m more afraid of that than the pain I’ll be in.x
    • Posted

Gemma, 

Tell the dentist to give you the least amount of epenedrine that he can. I was ok with it. Good luck! 

Will😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.