Celexa.. Symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today has been a bad day. I've had a panic attack. And broke down Into tears.. My hands and feet are tingling, My body feels like its trembling, feel dizzy and like I'm losing control. And my heart feels like its rate is up and down.. I'm on 10 mg of celexa. I've been toughing through everything its thrown at me. I truly want to get past this, I truly want to feel like I used to before the panic set in.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know its hard ive been like this for q8 years but I promise a few deep breaths in through ur nose and out through ur mouth will help wen u have took us breath in hold it for a couple of seconds and it will bring it heart rate bk down..try to focus on 1 thing and stay focused for a bit..maybe it might be worth seeing ur go again to see if they cud just up ur dose a bit..wen u have a full blown panic attack ur body will feel achy and shaky and not right till u seat and it can recover it self..hope it feeling better soon xx
    • Posted

So sorry for the spelling mistakes I rushed the reply xx
  • Posted

Been through that and still kinda weird went up on mg believe me it will go away just give it time is a roller coaster ride until it just goes away and u get better
  • Posted

I calmed down a bit.. My symptoms eased up. I hate panic attacks and wouldn't wish them on anyone. I cant breathe and feel like the world is crashing down on me. I have a .5 mg of ativan prescription but I don't like taking those with celexa I feel like something will happen. Or it will effect me in bad ways. Thank you all for responding and giving me your input during these issues. It's so helpful.

• Posted

Ok you have a prescription ..that means you can take it with your celexa..
  • Posted

Definitely take a benzo if you have it. It's safe with celexa. It will help you through until the celexa starts to work.

If you really don't like the idea of taking a benzo, ask your doc for some beta blockers. They calm the physical symptoms of anxiety, but they take longer to work than a benzo.

If you have the benzo, I'd just take it. I'd be doing the same, if I had a doc who would prescribe some.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I've also just started taking it and feel the same as you. I think you should ask your doctor for clonozepam (a benzo) to help in the really overwhelming situations. I also used to get anxious taking them along with the citalopram but once they are down, after 30 min you already feel lighter.

You will get through this. Don't be scared, they are just feelings and anxiety will never hurt you!!  You just have to keep pushing through as it takes awhile for your body to adjust. I started on 10mg then went to 20mg after 6 days and its been a rough ride for me too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.