Cerebral venous thrombosis of sigmoid sinus

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is what I was discharged from the hospital with.I went to the

Doctor because I was having trouble following conversations,headaches

and hearing and seeing thingsI didn't even think about the headaches

cause I've had headaches pretty regularly for 25 years. Now I'm at home,where

I wanted to be with my husband and children. But the thing is that they have no idea

why. Main questions were am i on birth control, drugs or was there any trauma.

No to everything! So here I sit with a clot in my neck still and on coumadin pills

and louvenox shots hoping it doesn't make the hemorrhage in my head worse.

I'm waiting for my appointments with the neurosurgeon, neurologist the hemotalagist

and my PC almost 2 weeks after released. I was a very active in control women

before and now I don't even know what to do.I'm tired and angry all the time now.

So I'm just here looking to what others have experienced during or after.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Cerebral haemorrhage may occur with the venous thrombosis 

Lateral sinus thrombosis, which can cause headache 

Cavernous sinus thrombosis, which may cause compressive symptoms with cranial nerve palsies.

Infection is well recognised with spread from sinuses. The frontal sinuses are the most common source.

https://patient.info/doctor/intracranial-venous-thrombosis

Subdural empyema is another possibility. Many different organisms may cause infection but Staphylococcus aureus is the most common pathogen.

• Posted

I, myself haven't expienced this but know of others with some of your issues. Perhaps it's your medication. Might need to be adjusted! Call the doctor and ask if your medication is too strong!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.