Chances of PID?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently been seeing someone who’s pretty large and is rough with me during sex. I went to the doctor because i had a burning feeling, itchy, white discharge and some bumps. Doctor advised it was a pretty bad yeast infection and skin was inflamed. Was giving one dose treatment. I went to another doctor a week later to see if anything else recommended, he performed a pelvic exam and did some swabs. Again I was still sore from the sex I had previously, (1 week before doctor visit) and he quickly said I’m giving you a shot and antibiotics for PID. He also performed an ultrasound like on my belly and stuff.

I took a weeks worth of the antibiotics but had to stop because I kept vomiting. I explained this to the nurse over the phone and she said I had to come in. I can’t afford my copay. She did advise that the swabs were negative. How likely do I have PID? I still have the antibiotics but stopped taking them. Should I still try to take them? It’s a weeks worth.

I’m so scared of the consequences of PID. I have severe anxiety, so anything that is down there that’s different or if I’m just nervous i associate with pain. Is there any other test that can performed to diagnose me with PID?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have had it twice its quite painful in the ovaries also i got back pain and discharge and cervix pain and pain when having sex and bleeding between periods the first time i was diagnosed they couldnt find a cause an they treated me with 3 lots of antibiotics.... i got it again about 4 years ago after i had bv and its took me up until 4 months ago to finally get rid of it u know if u have pid its quite painful i could hardly walk some days because the pain in my pelvis was so bad i had to do another 4 lots of antibiotics the second time round tho as had to treat the bv to

• Posted

the only thing that they use to diagnose pid is vaginal swabs and transvaginal ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound all my tests the first time was clear and never found the cause but i was still diagnosed as having pid

• Posted

all my swabs came back negative. ill finish my weeks worth of antibiotics buts its been over a week since ive taken them. so its probably useless. i havent had sex in over 3 weeks. no abnormal discharge or anything. im not in any serious pain: so im not sure if the doctor just wanted me to start treatment just in case or if i actually have it.

• Posted

it might be a just incase ud know if u had the treatment is pretty rough the tablets are aweful i hated everyday i was on them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.