Change of medication ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 3 weeks I'm not convinced mirtazapine alone is the right medication to treat my anxiety and help make me sleep and I'm thinking of asking for another med to take as well. Any thoughts or experience of taking Escitalopram to control anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would get off Mirtazapine as fast as possible. 

If you haven’t done so already, please reasearch mirtzapine for the acutely horrific and long lasting side effects and withdrawals.  It is highly addictive and the SE symptoms and withdrawals are worse than heroin. 

I’m not trying to scare you, I’m trying to help you so you know exactly what you’re in for if you continue taking it. Right now it’s only 3 weeks on, but even in that very short time your body has become addicted to it.

Please educate yourself on this very unstable unpredictable toxic drug. 

Best wishes for healthy decisions.

• Posted

Angela, I presently take 30mg mirtazapine and 10mg escitalopram. In my experience the mirtazapine was only good for sleep. It worked very well for that! The GAD seems to be fairly managed but not as well as it was with lorazepam. I had been able to get scripts for lorazepam regularly for years but now not possible due Doctors reluctance to prescribe long term which is a shame because it worked so well.
    • Posted

Thanks for that info James. I do feel I need something else for the anxiety. I'll ask at my next appointment with my prescriber.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.