Changed from Mirtazapine to Buspirone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Took last mirtazapine and beta blocker last thursday on psychs advice, started Buspirone friday, no side effects from new med and it does absolutly nothing for my anxiety, might as well take a smartie. Last 2 weeks I have woken every morning to a panic attack, wretching before I have even got out of bed and now nervous feeling in my legs which I assume is anxiety that never goes away, had a panic attack at teatime tonight. Back to see psych in the morning, I cannot eat as my stomachs in knots all the time. Cannot bear to be on my own im so scared, husband as lost so much time from work just to be with me.

Does anyone know if diazepine can have the opposite effect to whats its used for, because when I lokk back this severe anxiety started when I was taking 2x 5mg per day, yes it does calm me down for a while, doesnt shift the anxiety, but since taking it I feel a lot more anxiuos after, is it my body telling me im hooked on the stuff, and it wants more, or is it something else. Sorry to bore you all with all this just trying to find some answers as I dont know how much more I can take, feel as if something doesnt stop it soon I will have a nervous breakdown.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, its been a bit quiet on here for a while.

Danielle.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

jUST READ ON ANOTHER FORUM PERFECT DISCRIPTION OF THE FEELING i HAVE IN MY LEGS \"FIZZY BLOOD\" JUST GET RID OF THIS AND IM SURE ILL BE FINE.
  • Posted

Appointment with psych today, this new med Buspirone, which is an anti-anxiety med, has side effects I wasnt told about, hieghtened anxiety, nausea, nervouseness, and will take 2-4 weeks until it has any effect.

Dont know how long side effects last, each person is different. review again in another week. Husband has booked us a short break next week, cannot get motivated for this.Have lost a stone in weight.

Dont even know why Im posting this no one replys

• Posted

Hi Daniele

It's possible that no one is replying because you're essentially now writing about your experience of Buspirone and yet your posting is in the mirtazapine topic.

Would you like me to move this thread from mirtizapine to buspirone and see if you get more response?

Hilary

Patient Admin Team

• Posted

Thanks Hilary, you can remove it and post on other sight if you dont mind.

Thanks Again

Danielle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.