Changed HRT Brand

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone ever had their HRT changed to a different Brand? My HRT brand has been discontinued so chemist gave me a different  one and I haven't been well since. They say it has all the same ingredients. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have found them to have different ingredients. What have you been given? I had hugely horrible effects when I was given several different hrt over a few months. I have now been put back on my original hrt but it is still taing time to settle down . It's only in the last couple of weeks that I have had a few hours sleep, for instance, although still wakening up after 4/5 hours in panic. The way that the ingredients are listed makes it difficult to make direct comparisons. In what way have you been unwell?

• Posted

Hello. I was on climagest Brand name 1mg estradiol,  now on Progynova Estradol 1mg.  I'm having aches and pains, very tired, and very irritable not well at all. I have been on climagest for years never had a problem they have been discontinued now.

• Posted

Hi, what were you on before and what is the name of the new  one? Also what pronlems are you having with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.