changing meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi any thoughts on sertraline compared to prozac for health anxiety?doctors changed my meds yesterday,ive heard good things about prozac but wondered if anybody on here gas any experiences of it

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I be been on Setreline 4 years 200mg. Initially it does make you calmer however I think sometimes it makes you to laid back. Sometimes it makes you feel as if things that need sorting out don't Register as important in your brain.
    • Posted

ive stopped the sertraline and now on prozac ,just wondered if its the right move
    • Posted

Prozac just made me want to eat 24/7 Sarah. But it may of been just me
  • Posted

I have been on them for just over a week.. the first 5 days i had every side affect but kept on with them and although silly thoughts about health arr still there the anxiety has calmed foen a bit xx
  • Posted

I am on sertraline at the moment and they are working ok

Ive been on fluoxetine (prozac) in the past it didnt work for me and gave me nasty side effects but everyone reacts differently to meds

I dont think it would give you gas after one day of use

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Everyone reacts differently to meds. I could say I have had bad side effects on 80% of ADs and feel great on my current one. However, we aren't all the same. See how you go Sarah and try not to go in with preconceived ideas, particularly from the internet. Jo x
    • Posted

thanks jo,its hard isnt it,i desperately wanna feel better x
    • Posted

Its horrible not feeling like a whole person. My doctor keeps reminding me they are making good progress in various trials so hopefully one of those will work and we can be ourselves again. Just knowing you aren't alone is a help xx
    • Posted

im having a terrible day so far today my numbness/tingly face is really bad ,feels kinda throbby too ,but yes i agree knowing youre not alone is a big help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.