Changing pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi just looking to see if anyone else experiences this I am prity sure I have sciatica in some form. I have been to doctor who thinks it is nerve pain but due back next week again. I get pain/discomfort mostly in my left leg it changes on a daily basis it ranges from being at my bum my thigh knee also calf and foot never all at one time some days it can just be my calf others just my foot etc etc. The pain ranges from tingling numbness to shooting I also get the occasional lower to mid back pain but it is more so my leg. It can literally change in minutes yesterday my calf felt a bit numb or uncomfortable then half hr later it was the side/back of my thigh and my calf was completely fine it's so strange. Sorry for the table just wanted to see if anyone could share stories similar to mines

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have all of these symptoms and yes it changes daily sometimes hourly.. It sounds like sciatica. Best to seek professional help and don't accept that it is just nerve pain, research it ask your Dr questions. Don't be afraid to ask for further tests to be done.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying it's good know I'm not the only one it's so strange all morning I have had pain and numbers in calf and thigh and now it's completely gone . I have been so worried it's a blood clot or something even tho doctor said it's not .

• Posted

I would say pretty much like sdbrennan77 says, it sounds like sciatica, having had the same or similar pain/numbness and being diagnosed as sciatica, also 100% best to get the doctor to diagnose and try to get tests done, it can be quite debilitating, as I know from personal experience.

Good luck with your doctors visit and hopefully, your symptoms will ease sooner rather than later, although I've found that they always have returned, so always best to follow the advice I was given, such as sitting correctly and not for prolonged periods, try to avoid heavy lifting but if you have to pick something up, I was told to try to keep your back straight and bend your knees, but it's so easy to forget these rules if it's months since your last attack.

• Posted

It could be the sciatic nerve

That runs out of lower spine and down the leg. Tender points are in buttock, at the knee and ankle.

• Posted

Definitely sounds like sciatica Lyndsey I have numbness in my left leg and it can send a shock pain down your spine into lower back and down left or right side, and for some people they have it in both sides,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.