Changing the time I take Cita

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hiya

Ive been on Cita 10mg for 2 weeks. I origibally started taking it in the morning but it was making me really drowsy with the initial side effects so I started taking it at 7pm.

I think it has taken the edge off my panic attacks but I feel by 12 midday it is wearing off and wondered if anyone has any advice about when is best to take it. I have taken it tonight at 7pm but wondered whether I should take it tomorrow morning now or leave it until Friday morning next??

Any advice im grateful for as I have had terrible side effects including increased anxiety and acrophobia which I am slowly getting through x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jess, just keep taking it the same time each day, eventually the good days will get longer and the drowsiness will reduce. You have only been on it 2 weeks it can take 4-8 weeks to reach its full potential.
    • Posted

Thanks hun. I just wish the good days lasted longer now lol. It tends to ware off half way through my shift at work which is not helpful x
  • Posted

Hi Jess I am on cit for 11 days I use to take it in the morning have bad side effects so I am going to take it in the evening starting tonight.I will se how will go.I have terrible I mean terrible side effects:nausea,anxiety,lost appetite, heartburn nervous stressed.....
    • Posted

I like taking it at night, I feel a bit nauseus before bed but I sleep through the rest of the side effects and I actually sleep :-)

I take it at 7pm but by 12pm the next day I kinda feel the world close in around me.

Hopefully in another couple of weeks they will of levelled out in my system x

• Posted

I hope I am very anxious about the side effects.I was thinking to stop them but the dr said to wait at least 3 weeks.I hope it worth
    • Posted

Hi Jess, 9,30-10.00pm, tomorrow nights dose, dont miss any. Breathing technics, walking, cycling, talking and this site, helped me through the side effects
  • Posted

Hi Jess,

I changed to taking mine at 10/10:30pm, a little earlier if I go bed then or a little later, either way just before bed. It has meant that if I was going to feel like you much later in the dose then it would be the following evening. This has worked for me.

It also help curb my multiple dreams every darn night!

Whatever you do, as Nick said, don't miss taking yer tablet, going a few hours over due time is no problem.

Regards,

David

• Posted

It doesn't matter when you take it, tiredness is part of the side effects and will wear eventually along with all the others too.

When you start to feel good, you'll get lots of low times too.  This is a normal process sit recovery of this meds and some hours, some days, some weeks you'll be up and down, and eventually the good times will take over.

It can take around 3-4 months before you start to feel any benefit, and even then you can still be up and down for months after.

Lots of patience is needed on this medication.  It takes a long time to become ill with depression and it'll take a long time for recovery to happen too.

The wait is well worth it though :-)

K x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up