Cheat meals/taking breaks from Orlistat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey group :-) 

Now the way I have always dieted/ eaten healthy has included a cheat day normally a Saturday where I would eat what I wanted. 

Has anything one else just had a treat meal once a week? If you did, did you skip your Orlistat so you didn't get horrendous problems straight away? Also does Orlistat affect your bowels if you consume alcohol? (I don't drink often but my sisters hen do is in 2 weeks and it would be nice to have something to drink)

I am dedicated to losing my weight before anyone takes this as a 'wanting my cake and eating it to' scenario. I don't want to completely ruin my love of food and ban every unhealthy food going. 

I'm sorry for this boring draw out post but I have no-one else to go to and ask.

Sophie x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sophie

I never had a treat until about 9 months down the line and that was a cake which was 3g per 100g so still within the 5g rules.

You need to come off them 3 days before you eat the high fat food then go back on them 3 days after eating it so you won't get side effects.

I would advise anyone not to do this often as it can set you back i am not suggest @CurbeySoph you would do this i am just saying xx

• Posted

Forgot to add yes you can drink apart from stuff like Baileys.

Also if you had a cheat day once a week (again not saying you) there would be no point in being on the tablets as you would be off then on them for about 1/2 days xx

• Posted

Thanks Brintney,

You've been really helpful and shed alot of light on the subject for me. I'll keep that in mind if I do decide to get a treat or have a drink. Yeah there really would be no point in doing it if I'm off them for 6 days out of 7.

Well done on your fantastic weightloss journey and only getting a low fat cake for your treat :-)

Sophie x

• Posted

I've been taking the tablets for a week now and reading these posts with great interest. You guys are a real inspiration. Britney will having alcohol prompt any side effects? I've lost 4lbs this week which is a good start for me, I've had no side effects so far but would like a glass or two of wine this weekend when out with the girls. Will it spoil my hard work?
    • Posted

I am not Britney:-) but there is no problem with alcohol and the pills. You just have to remember that they are empty calories, and the second glass may make you forget your good intentions!  I often have a glass with my meal, especially if I've had a really low calorie day.
    • Posted

Thanks for that sally000. It's nice to know, although I agree sometimes one glass isn't enough. 
    • Posted

Aww thanks Sophie. Please stick to it you CAN do this!!

In Dec 2012 if someone had told me a year later i would be a 12-14 i would have peed myself but everyone here can do it.

Thanks Sophie

Britney

X

• Posted

Hi Julie no it will be fine drink away as long as you don't eat anything high in fat with the tablets stick to fat free/low fat snacks if your going to eat whilst drinking and it's only a couple glasses of wine xx
  • Posted

Hi, I too have a similar dilemma on my hands. I go on holiday on Saturday with my husband and little girl. While I am totally commited to loosing weight I want to enjoy my holiday that I have waited almost a year for. 

I am unsure wether to stop taking the tablets for a week as I dont want it to ruin my holiday.

Any advice?

• Posted

Only you can make that choice. If you are going to be eating high fat foods for X days along with healthier choices i would come off them. For me personally i didn't want to allow myself any treats until i had lost X stone which i did and that works for me and for me i was totally committed and wanted the weight off asap but as i said before the choice is up to you x
    • Posted

If you come off them just keep telling yourself when you get back you are back on plan 100% that way you KNOW you are going back on them x
  • Posted

Although I absolutely agree with Britney, I have had occasions where I have been out to someone's house for lunch with no control over what was given me to eat. On those days I don't have breakfast, eat the lunch with some choices where possible (ie no butter on the bread, no seconds!) and don't have a pill that day only. In other words I don't leave off the tablet for the three days before and after, I was a bit anxious the first time I did this, but had no ill effects. I do the same on holiday - make choices where possible and take the pills, but perhaps don't have the pill with the evening meal if I can see it will be over the limit. It works for me but I can't guarantee it will for you! But again, I never completely come "off the wagon" if possible.
  • Posted

Thanks, I need to think hard.

Intrend to eat haelthy and stick to rules for breakfast and lunch but we will eat out in the evening so we can both relax on holiday and no cooking as such.

I don't want to come off them but I dont want to be ill either, we will spend lots of time in the swimming pool and dont want to get caught short!!!!!!

• Posted

If I were you I'd continue to get healthy and make healthier choices but like you said you don't want to be caught short at the pool. If it was me I would take a week off them. If you still continue to make healthier choices then you could maintain your currently weight or lose some. Still be strict but at least you know you won't have an accident if you do eat something higher in fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.