Cherry Juice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone experienced good results from taking Montmorency cherry juice?  I know it can be helpful for gout but I am interested in taking it for osteoarthritis which I have in various joints.  It has been "lurking" in my left hip for a while but seems to be getting worse,  I already have a new right hip but can't face going through that again (even if I was lucky enough to get it on the NHS now) unless I really can't manage the pain any more.  It is quite expensive so I'm not sure whether to invest in it or not. Thanks for any views.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I to have osteoarthritis, like yourself I have just had a hip replacement, I also have arthritis wandering around my body, and will need my other hip replaced very soon.  Over the years I have tried a number of supplements including the cherry juice, my husband also tried this we used it for almost 4 months, unfortunately not a jot of difference, I continue with Turmeric & Magnesium, I took Arnica & CBD oil ( that's cannabis oil without the hallucinogenic) ( available at health stores) post op & was able to stop all the drugs px from hospital.  I think there are different stages to arthritis, the final one being the surgeons knife!!.  Good luck with whatever you try, & keep us posted. 

• Posted

I haven’t heard of this but would welcome anyone that has to tell me more 
  • Posted

Hi Linda,I too have osteoarthritis & a failed hip replacement. I have cherry juice every day &turmeric is also very good.reflexology is also wonderful. Where are you in the UK?I had my op on the nhs but in a private hospital the nuffield in Woking.they do orthopaedic s there.regards Amanda

• Posted

Unless NICE recommended it I wouldn't waste your money. The pain is caused by the cartilage wearing away and unless you can find something to replace the cartilage ( there is nothing proven to do that) the pain just has to be managed until you need a new hip. 

I am very surprised to hear yours failed as it's normally very successful and everyone I know who has had it done, moves better than before they had the op. 

• Posted

Hi wknight, thanks for your response which I totally agree with but just doing something to try to alleviate any inflammation makes one feel a bit better.  I obviously did not make myself clear in my original post.  My hip op did not fail but it took me a good 2 years to get over it and initially it was very difficult and I must say the hip still hurts from time to time but I suppose that's only to be expected.  My problem is living alone and being alone with no support with 2 dogs.  I know of course there are ways around everything but I'm getting to the stage where I find it hard to cope with life's ups and downs and anxieties.  Cue violins!  I think I'll up my intake of turmeric and ponder on the cherry juice for now.

• Posted

Hi Linda, I have a lot of problems with arthritis all over,,, I read recent research about fish oil and the amounts needed to switch off the inflammation etc, 2,400mg a day .so next step was finding the best fish oil,one open with there testing,results,source etc etc, I found what I consider to be the best check out the website, bare biology.

no I have no interest in it other than trying to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible.i wish you the ver6 best,

john 

• Posted

Thanks John, I do take fish oil (not such a high dose though) turmeric, magnesium, Vit D with calcium.  Don't know whether any of them make a difference but one can but try!  All the best to you to.

• Posted

Hi Linda, do you know about support group Total Hip Replacement on facebook, really worth joining if your on Facebook, the administrator has bilateral replacement, she is very knowledgeable,  lots of helpful support out there. Warm wishes Julie. 
    • Posted

Thanks Julie, I'll have a look although not a great user of Facebook.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.